1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: John Garrett excited about opportunity in Tampa Bay

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 21, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,657 Messages
    4,785 Likes Received
    -- Charean Williams

I'm really excited about this opportunity in Tampa," Garrett said. "We had a had a great time interviewing down there, getting to know coach [Greg] Schiano more and more and the offensive coaches and the rest of the staff of the Buccaneers. It really went well, and I'm thrilled for the opportunity and just really excited to get started working for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers."

Though Garrett still was under contract with the Cowboys, Dallas already had OK'd his leaving. He and other coaches had been allowed to look for other jobs, and Garrett had applied for the University of Delaware head coaching job. The opportunity with the Bucs came last week.

"My six years with the Cowboys have been fantastic," Garrett said. "I want to thank the [Jerry] Jones family and the entire Cowboys organization. The opportunity to work with the coaches here on staff and everyone in the administration has been fantastic. I loved coming to work every day. But most importantly, working with the players in my position. The tight ends are just fabulous people, really good players and do it the right way. They love football. They prepare. They execute. They have just tremendous integrity and character. It was a great, great tight end room from Jason Witten to John Phillips to James Hanna. I just loved coming in and coaching them every day. They were like sponges, soaking everything in and being prepared for the games and the practices. I really appreciate that and the fact that they gave everything they had."

Garrett will replace Bucs receivers coach P.J. Fleck, who was hired as the head coach at Western Michigan. Garrett inherits Vincent Jackson, who, in his first season in Tampa, earned a Pro Bowl berth with 72 catches for 1,384 yards and eight touchdowns.

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...d-to-tampa-bay-as-the-bucs-new-wrs-coach.html
  2. AMERICAS_FAN

AMERICAS_FAN Active Member

7,198 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Notice how he didn't name Bennett? ;)
  3. cowboyeric8

cowboyeric8 Chicks dig crutches

5,236 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Good luck to him