1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Johnny Depp as Tonto

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by joseephuss, Mar 23, 2010.

1. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,876 Messages
    1,478 Likes Received
  2. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,400 Messages
    246 Likes Received
    I was just thinking to myself the other day that I was surprised that no one has remade the Lone Ranger yet. Hopefully they do a better job with it then most recently made remakes.
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,417 Messages
    3,746 Likes Received
  4. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,746 Likes Received
    Another project Depp is doing is a remake of a old TV show Dark Shadows

Tim Burton has confirmed that his next project will be remaking ABC's vampire soap Dark Shadows, whose rights are rumored to belong to Johnny Depp. This could mean we'll finally see our Johnny Depp vampire dreams come true.

At the Alice In Wonderland press conference, people cornered Burton about his next rumored movie project Dark Shadows, the vampire soap opera that aired on ABC.

When asked if he had plans to pursue the movie adaptation of Dark Shadows and bring the infamous Barnabas Collins back to life his response was:

The rights to the show's rights were optioned by Infinitum-Nihil, which is Johnny Depp's production company. This can only mean one thing: Edward has some gigantic competition. Burton and Depp do everything together lately, there's no reason we shouldn't start assuming the same. Depp as a vampire — is there anything more ridiculous and wonderful at the same time?
  5. BadWolf

BadWolf Member

182 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Possibly. Another Tim Burton project... Abe Lincoln: Vampire Hunter.

http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/03/02/timur-burton-adapting-abraham-lincoln-vampire-hunter/
  6. trickblue

trickblue Old Testament... Zone Supporter

28,939 Messages
    356 Likes Received
    I think Depp would be as good as any choice for Barnabas Collins...

I used to love that show as a kid...
  7. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,525 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    This would be an awesome role for him, so I hope they can make it happen.
  8. Doomsday101

78,417 Messages
    3,746 Likes Received
    Same here. I have seen an article with Johnny Depp saying he was a big fan of the show and would love to play the part of Barnabas Collins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU-gLDm_q3s&feature=related
  9. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I wished Jerry Bruckheimer would get National Treasure 3 going. I loved the first two even though they were implausible and panned by critics. Which means they were a success at the Box Office and also on DVD release.