1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Jones Not Expecting Jenkins (Shoulder) For NYG Opener Sept. 5

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by jobberone, Aug 25, 2012.

1. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

33,463 Messages
    1,828 Likes Received
    [IMG] Nick Eatman DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

There has been nothing but speculation regarding Mike Jenkins’ situation. The latest is owner Jerry Jones’ speculation on Jenkins’ availability for the Sept. 5 season opener against the Giants.
    When asked on Friday, Jones told 105.3 FM “The Fan” that it doesn’t look good for Jenkins to return from a shoulder injury that has kept him out all offseason and training camp.
    “I don’t think so,” Jones said. “He’s going to have his situation evaluated by his surgeon and it may be a little late in the preseason for him, but that’d be real interesting. If we had an evaluation on him by this weekend, I’d like to have that problem to mull over. I really would.”
    Jenkins is expected to visit Dr. James Andrews in Florida within the next week. Jenkins first visited his doctor on Aug. 6 and was not cleared to play. He was told to return in four weeks, which would be Sept. 2.
    Jones said the possibility of Jenkins playing would come down to his shoulder, and nothing about his conditioning.

http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...r-Sept-5/37841e20-45e7-48c1-bcb3-0650456116fb
  2. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

8,138 Messages
    194 Likes Received
    nothing new. Jenkins:bang2: