1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

JonJon's Post Senior Bowl Mock

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JonJon, Jan 31, 2012.

1. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    My drafts will continue to change as we get closer to draft day, but here is what I have after the Senior Bowl.

[IMG]

Round 1: Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, Alabama - Seems like his marijuana issue may push him out of the top 10. Even if DeCastro is available, I just cannot see Jerry passing on a player like Kirkpatrick.

Round 2: Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin - With the Cowboys passing on DeCastro, the team will look here for a guard that can start immediately. Zeitler is a top guard that uses both strength and agility to consistently get to the second level. G Kelechi Osemele may be an option here as well.

Round 3: Kendall Reyes, DT/DE, Connecticut - Reyes had a good Senior Bowl week and helped his stock. He has the strength and speed to provide pressure and also shed blocks to stop the run. His versatility should make him stand out in this round.

Round 4: Keenan Robinson OLB Texas - Would move to ILB with the Cowboys. He has great sideline to sideline speed and will excel in coverage. Also plays with a mean streak and will bring intensity to the defense.

Round 5: Dwight Bentley, CB, Louisiana-Lafayette - Improved his stock greatly during the Senior Bowl week and was probably one of the most surprising standouts of all players. Held his own against the top receivers and showed that he has the intangibles to be effective in the NFL.

Round 6: George Bryan, TE, NC State Probably one of the better blocking tight ends in the draft. Has very sure hands to catch any ball thrown his way. His only concern for NFL teams is that he lacks the agility and speed to get separation. He would still be an excellent value if he makes it to round 6 and would replace Bennett, who is expected to leave.

Round 7:Cody Johnson, FB, Texas Stout, quality run blocker that can also provide some speed and athleticism out of the backfield.
  2. Woods

Woods Active Member

12,375 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I still can't see Garrett being o.k. with drafting Kirkpatrick.

Doesn't fit in with what he's looking for character-wise.

But stranger things have happened . . . .
  3. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    I see this being one of the players that Jerry would insist on getting if he is available. If it's not Kirkpatrick, then I think it may be Janoris Jenkins.
  4. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Kirkpatrick is one Jerry might just ignore the funny smokes and draft him !!!:bow:
  5. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,410 Messages
    21 Likes Received
    Jon Jon why you so high on Kevin Zeitler, OG, Wisconsin....I thought he couldn't even carry DECastro's Jock strap ?
  6. ABQcowboyJR

ABQcowboyJR Well-Known Member

2,906 Messages
    118 Likes Received
    I really like the first two picks. Big corner and a mean OG is exactly what we need. I like Robinson to an extent. He strikes me as slow, kinda like a brady clone. I'm very curious to see what he does at the combine. And you gotta know i'm loving the CJ pick :laugh2:
  7. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    He's definitely not in the same class as DeCastro, but I have him as the more agile of the remaining guards. I have DeCastro and Glenn going in the first. Kelechi Osemele and Brandon Washington could be options, but those guys are bigger mauler types that might struggle in open space. It depends on what type of guard the Cowboys are looking for.
  8. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,032 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Really? I've seen him play about 3 times this year and he didn't seem stiff and slow like Brady to me. I thought he had very good speed, and should translate well to the inside. You probably have seen more of him than I have, so I respect your opinion on him though.

Here is a good youtube video on him that I studied the other day.

[youtube]AJAg8_osV88[/youtube]