1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Jordan Najvar TE Baylor

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by packpitts, May 11, 2014.

1. packpitts

packpitts Member

90 Messages
    13 Likes Received
  2. chicago JK

chicago JK Well-Known Member

1,607 Messages
    170 Likes Received
    I think he is a decent signing. Baylor doesn't through much to tight ends so it is hard to get a good read on him.

I really think James Hanna could be a surprise cut this year. I really liked him as a rookie but I thought he disappointed this past year. Not sure if Jordan is good enough to beat him out. But a versatile, well rounded tight end could give Hanna a run for his money if he doesn't show improvement in camp this year.
    Gaede likes this.
  3. ferrispata

ferrispata Active Member Zone Supporter

319 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I agree as well. I think we will also see quite a year from Escobar.
  4. Cowboys22

Cowboys22 Well-Known Member

3,665 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    I don't think Hanna being cut should qualify as a surprise. He is the poster boy for the type of player you are always looking to upgrade. He didn't come in with any great expectations, was kind of a surprise to make the team, he is one dimensional, and hasn't really done anything to keep is spot. I would think any decent blocking TE that could catch a little could easily take his spot. If they want to keep Copeland this year, that 3rd TE spot has to be a guy who can block and catch. There is no room for a 4th TE who can only block and there is no room for 2 purely receiving TEs behind Witten. One of those two has to be able to block a little.
    Gaede likes this.
  5. NJ22

NJ22 Well-Known Member

1,121 Messages
    894 Likes Received
    I am gonna go the opposite route on Hannah. I think he out plays Escobar this year. I think Pope will get the best out of him. I think he was misused last year as they were hell bent on giving their 2nd rounder more opportunities. Not a lot of 250lb TE's with 4.5 speed in the league, hate to see us give up on that.