Jordan Willis

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by JoeyBoy718, Mar 20, 2017.

1. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

8,293 Messages
    5,779 Likes Received
    Where does he get drafted? Will he last until pick 60 or would we need to trade into the 30-40 range to get him? Has ideal size for a RDE at 6'4" 255 lbs. The best numbers at the combine for any DE with a 4.53 40 and 6.85 3 cone. Had 11.5 sacks last year for Kansas State. I read a report that he excelled against the run last year lining up primarily on the strong side. What do you think?

2. stilltheguru88

stilltheguru88 Well-Known Member

3,355 Messages
    2,499 Likes Received
    First half of round 2. I'm still waiting on a tape that shows that he's more than a workout warrior/coverage sack guy

cowboyschmps3 likes this.
  3. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

24,466 Messages
    10,034 Likes Received

JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

38,515 Messages
    45,870 Likes Received
    33-45 area and he'll probably be a better pro than some of those 1st round DEs.

tm1119 and coyboy like this.
  5. tm1119

tm1119 Well-Known Member

5,281 Messages
    2,312 Likes Received
    I think he's somewhere between a work out warrior and a great player...his combine #'s are incredible and borderline freakish, but the eye tests doesn't show that kind of athleticism on tape. He does look plenty athletic tho, I just wish he showed a little more bend to his game. That and the fact that he constantly went up against Big 12 RT's. Did he face any future NFL OT's? (Legit ?, I'm not sure)

Ultimately I think he ends up between picks 30-45. If he can add another 10 lbs to his frame without losing athleticism he could be hell of a player in the future. I'd take him over Harris, Takk, and Lawson when it comes down to it for sure.

6. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

2,498 Messages
    932 Likes Received
    I think you are correct late first early second rd,not willing to take him over Carl Lawson, Lawson's only issues are his injury history. Willis is a project but has a high ceiling with some additional techniques added to his pass rush repertoire.

reddyuta likes this.
  7. CalPolyTechnique

CalPolyTechnique Benched

3,357 Messages
    3,386 Likes Received
    I think he goes somewhere in the backend of R1.

8. BAT

BAT Mr. Fixit

11,200 Messages
    2,967 Likes Received
    Like Jordan Willis, but love Derek Rivers, especially in the 3rd.

9. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

24,466 Messages
    10,034 Likes Received
    He uses his hands to counter and finish but not set up his moves. You see him club and rip but you don't see him using one arm technique or any extension trying to ride the corner. Instead he gets inside and tries to muscle his way through and he doesn't have the size and power to pull it off.

Marinelli is a guru at such technique. I like him at 28.

JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  10. rambo2

rambo2 Well-Known Member

748 Messages
    315 Likes Received
    I think that Willis can be coached up.

JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  11. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

41,301 Messages
    27,464 Likes Received
    Looking at your game as you go into the next level, what would you say your biggest strength is?

My biggest strength is my pass rush ability. Some people tell me that I’m a good pass rusher and that I’m not a great pass rusher, but to me, I don’t play the game to be a great pass rusher, I play the game to affect the quarterback. There are a lot of things that I still have to work toward, but for now I would say my pass rush ability.

And if there’s something you think you could improve on heading into the NFL, what do you think that would be?

I would say the biggest thing is that when I pass rush, there are times when you can bend the corner tighter as you try and sack the quarterback and there are times when, if I do that more often even if the quarterback steps up in the pocket 3 to 4 yards, I can get to the quarterback a lot sooner.

http://www.thenfldraftinsider.com/prospect-interview-kansas-state-de-jordan-willis/

JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  12. Manwiththeplan

Manwiththeplan Well-Known Member

9,878 Messages
    3,141 Likes Received
    To be honest, I like the idea of trading out of the first round and targeting Willis or any of those second round DEs.

JoeyBoy718 likes this.
  13. JoeyBoy718

JoeyBoy718 Well-Known Member

8,293 Messages
    5,779 Likes Received
    I'd take him at 28 to risk not missing out on him, but it would be great to trade back 10 spots, pick up an extra pick and still get him.

14. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

41,301 Messages
    27,464 Likes Received
    If I get to trade out, everything should be on the table, especially if it nets an additional 3rd.

15. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

16,551 Messages
    12,686 Likes Received
    Just not crazy about him.

reddyuta likes this.