1. CowboysZone Upgrade Coming Soon! For more information, click here.

Joseph signs with Houston

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by alancdc, Jul 29, 2011.

1. alancdc

alancdc Active Member

3,295 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I heard on the local talk radio today that the Texans have signed CB Joseph. Hope this isn't already out there.
  2. dillinger319

dillinger319 Striped Leopard

861 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Along with Manning... I think those are both good deals for the other Texas team.
  3. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

18,164 Messages
    1,925 Likes Received
    Let's say here and now, the Texans now have a respectable base in their secondary.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

28,088 Messages
    3,453 Likes Received
    Texans got Danieal Manning?

Guess it really is down to Sensabaugh, Huff, or Elam now. If we get Michael Huff, I will be very excited. Not a UT fan by any means, but I just think he's entering his prime, and I think Rob Ryan will get the best out of him, especially with him playing with a legitimate pass rush for the first time in his career and more than just 1 good cornerback.

The addition of a good deep center player like Huff will allow guys that like to hit like Barry Church to come into their own too. Hell, Huff would even make Roy Williams #31 look good again, since he could stay down around the box.
  5. Sandman52

Sandman52 Member

600 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    He didn't play that great for Ryan before.
  6. jblaze2004

jblaze2004 Well-Known Member

9,098 Messages
    587 Likes Received
    whoa...is huff this good. I mean i didnt see too many raiders games. Only when we played them (romo had field day:p: ).
  7. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

37,034 Messages
    3,147 Likes Received
    I think he played Strong Safety for Ryan in Oakland. These past few seasons, he has been moved back to his natural position, which is Free and he has played well. Having said that, I'm not sure Ryan, Jerry or the Cowboys give a crap. Huff is going to be expensive and I don't think the Cowboys are interested in that. I don't know anything more then you guys do but as I sit and watch, it just doesn't seem to me as if we are chasing a lot of big money FAs. Even our own big signing (Free) was relatively cheap IMO. Not complaining because that's what you want, value. However, I just don't get the feeling that we are interested in over extending our cap.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Benched

42,886 Messages
    2,400 Likes Received
    we might have to over pay for a good safety. That sucks but its loads better than having another season where our secondary looks like the Keystone Kops.

DRUNK.
  9. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

18,164 Messages
    1,925 Likes Received
    Blam, and I'm in the Huff/Sensabaugh camp, even if a couple of contracts need renegotiation. Then add a rushing presence to the defensive end group and I'll anticipate changes in production. Give me Spears as well, and my attention is definitely perked...and that sells as well.
  10. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

18,164 Messages
    1,925 Likes Received
    Hoooah! And if I keep yelling and cussin' in court they aren't going to ring no Golden Gate bells for me. :star: But if you keep singing like that, when YOU get to Heaven, you aren't going to have to look for a job.
  11. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree. The team needs some new players, but role players ... not stars. My guess is that the Cowboys think there are several acceptable options at several of the need positions, and so are looking for value. If you get enough value, you can buy an extra player.

Just a week ago, when discussing the CBA, folks here were saying that the star players would get richer, the minimum salary guys would get more, and the middle players would get squeezed. I think the Cowboys are looking for some of those squeezed middle guys.
  12. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

18,164 Messages
    1,925 Likes Received
    Compliment here, Zero. I'm getting to be a fan of your posts here on site.:)
  13. CowboysFaninDC

CowboysFaninDC Well-Known Member

3,177 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    that sucks.,...I really liked him
  14. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

28,088 Messages
    3,453 Likes Received
    He was transitioning from playing CB at Texas to Safety.

The Raiders have also been pathetic across the board for a decade, and he didn't really get a chance to get on the field.

Like I said, he's been getting better every year, not regressing. I think this is the year he enters his prime.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

26,325 Messages
    4,042 Likes Received
    Wade is getting his way there so far.
    That D will be greatly improved.