1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Josh Brent status ruling likely soon

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jul 11, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,042 Messages
    5,533 Likes Received
    By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Josh Brent's status on the Dallas Cowboys' roster is expected to be determined before the team travels to training camp next week, according to a NFL spokesman.

The Cowboys will fly to Oxnard, Calif., on July 19 and hold their first practice July 21.

The defensive tackle is currently eligible to take part in practice even though he did not take part in the offseason conditioning program, organized team activities and minicamp in the spring. The team has prepared as if Brent would not play in 2013 but has been waiting for the league office to make a ruling.

Read more: http://espn.go.com/dallas/nfl/story...-decide-josh-brent-dallas-cowboys-status-camp
  2. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,497 Messages
    116 Likes Received
    I'll be honest, I hope he can resume playing for us as we desperately need some rotational beef and talent on the DL.
    Yes he made a horrible horrible mistake but he's clearly not a heinous premeditated murderer like Hernandez.
    If you look historically at the League's paltry punishments for the exact same thing.....I think if Dallas is willing to give Brent another chance, the League's punishment shouldn't end his career....based solely on historical precedence....(Leonard Little, Stallworth, etc).
    However, the main thing to take into account and worry about will be the League's other historical precedence that has stood the test of time: its clear bias against Dallas.
  3. erod

erod Well-Known Member

4,870 Messages
    1,999 Likes Received
    Brent has a long history of alcohol abuse, and it appears drugs may be part of his repetoire, too, with his recent positive tests.

Cut football ties and move on.
  4. Zimmy Lives

Zimmy Lives Well-Known Member

5,837 Messages
    980 Likes Received
    This. He is not reliable and he is a distraction. Time to move on.