1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Julius and fantasy football

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by Houstonboys13, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Houstonboys13

Houstonboys13 Member

247 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    How popular do all of you think Julius Jones will be on fantasy football teams next year? What round will he go in, and which running backs will be selected before him?
  2. Oh_Canada

Oh_Canada Well-Known Member

5,927 Messages
    501 Likes Received

I traded for him, along with Detroit's Roy Williams half-way through the year in my keeper league, it cost me a first rounder and Rueben Droughns.
    I would expect he would go somewhere in the top two rounds in a non-keeper league.
  3. lurkercowboy

lurkercowboy Active Member

4,037 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Easily a first round pick. I got him on waivers after he came back from injury. I think he will be a top 5 back fantasy-wise next year.
  4. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

118,710 Messages
    2,382 Likes Received
    After the Baltimore game I got him for Ashley Lelie straight up in one league where I already had a core of Peyton Manning, Marvin Harrison, and Corey Dillon. Most of the guys in that league are earmarking him for qst round next year.
  5. hardcorebob

hardcorebob Through thick and thin

686 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    1st round all the way, and if Dallas gets there QB and WR core more stable, he could go top 5. All I know is that I would definitely take him with my first round pick.
  6. cowboyfaninkc

cowboyfaninkc New Member

46 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think he is a lock for the first round. I know he will be in my keeper league. I dont know that there are alot of backs that I would take before him. A few yes, but Jones will get his carries especially if we are still struggling at QB. Right now I have the 7th pick and I hope he is still on the board then.
  7. DayOne1960

DayOne1960 Old School D

56 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What's a "keeper" league?

I've never really understood fantasy football... Would love to learn though.
  8. Mr.Prez

Mr.Prez New Member

43 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I, personally wouldn't use a first round pick to grab Julius Jones especially if there are other top RBs available. LT, Preist Holmes, Jamal Lewis, Edge, Fred Taylor, Domanick Davis, Clinton Portis, Shaun Alexander, Ahman Green, Corey Dillion, etc. Not mention people would pick Peyton, Daunte Culpepper, Randy Moss, Marvin Harrison and T.O.

I also see him going lower because he's not a great receiver out of the backfield...Hopefully, he work on that over the offseason and improve. If you get him in the 4th or 5th rounds, that would be a helluva steal.
  9. cowboyfaninkc

cowboyfaninkc New Member

46 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Keeper leagues are leagues in which you can keep or retain players from year to year, thus players that are deemed a keeper, do not go back into the draft pool. Many keeper leagues are different in how they allow players to be retained in both the method and the number of players a team can keep.
  10. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing

4,080 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    He is a first or second round pick, but that could change if Parcells goes out and signs another running back. My guess is he's picked between #10 and #15 overall.
  11. Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy Woohitz

268 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In a standard 12 team league, starting 2 RB's and using a performance style scoring system (1/10 rush/rec'v, 6pts TD, 1pt per rec) I think Julius Jones is going to be drafted in the mid to lower 2nd round, possibly even the 3rd round but Most likely the 12th to 15th running back taken.

BennyG
    commissioner
    www.woohitz.com
  12. zorg222

zorg222 nose picker

754 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Its a FF league where you keep your players year after year instead of getting new ones each year. It makes for a better FF experience.
  13. zorg222

zorg222 nose picker

754 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's goin' first round for sure. Probably top 5. Maybe top RB in draft. Holmes or LT may go before him though, but one things for sure... he's on #1 on my draft board next year, I picked him up last year and he won me a lot of games. That was partly because he didn't have anyone to share the carries with, but it was also partly because he's a great player. He might not be as productive in 2005 because he'll probably have someone to share the carries with, but he'll still get most of the carries and still be productive and I'm definiteley going after him next year.
  14. Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy Woohitz

268 Messages
    0 Likes Received

The top RB in the draft? come on, that's got Cowboy Homer written all over it :D Seriously though. JJones has tremendous upside. He's not in the top 10 yet. He has tremendous upside and will most likely crack the top 10, but to rank him in the top 5 and put his name next to LT or Holmes is alittle premature.
  15. TheSkaven

TheSkaven Last Man Standing

4,080 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    I agree. I mean I've targeted him, and I'd like to have him on my squad, but at best he's a late 1st round pick. I'm a bit worried (from a fantasy perspective only) that Bill will sign a second RB and split carries.

The real Cowboys sleeper in this draft is Witten, though I'm not sure if you can call him a sleeper anymore. Bledsoe has always been very effective at using his tight ends.
  16. Mr. Fantasy

Mr. Fantasy Woohitz

268 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yeah, Witten was a sleeper last year. He got exposed though and now he'll be the 4th or 5th TE taken. Like I said about Julius, I strongly believe he'll break the top 10 after a full season, but there are a handful of established rb's in front of him right now. Especially if your league awards 1pt per reception.