1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Just Can't Keep Romo Out of Their Mouth

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Sportsbabe, Apr 11, 2014.

1. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,687 Messages
    2,706 Likes Received
    Fletcher was a good player. Probably the best FA signing the skins have made since forever. Respect the mans game on the field.

I would say I imagined he just tweeted that as he is former skins player who is just catering to most of his fans aka skins fans.
    Vanilla2 likes this.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,281 Messages
    2,708 Likes Received
    Former Washington LB London Fletcher takes ‘choke’ shot at Tony Romo on Twitter
    [IMG]
    By Jon Machota
    jmachota@dallasnews.com
    11:10 am on April 10, 2014

[IMG]
    Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo (9) is sacked by Washington Redskins inside linebacker London Fletcher (59) during the first half of play at FedEx Field in Landover, MD on Sunday, December 30, 2012. (Vernon Bryant / Staff Photographer)

Former Washington Redskins linebacker London Fletcher retired after the 2013 season.

Since he will no longer face Tony Romo on the field, Fletcher couldn’t resist taking one more shot at the Dallas Cowboys quarterback Thursday morning on Twitter.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/2...cher-takes-shot-at-tony-romo-on-twitter.html/
  3. dstovall5

dstovall5 Well-Known Member

2,036 Messages
    1,156 Likes Received
    And that was Romo's fault? Please, Romo was the ONLY reason week 17 was meaningful last year -

[IMG]

Damned if he does, damned if doesn't.

We would've made the playoffs last year if they were solely decided by "individual success" of your QB, but sadly that's not the case as Football is the ultimate team sport and as a team we're average.
    5Stars, BigStar, Idgit and 3 others like this.
  4. birdwells1

birdwells1 Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

3,216 Messages
    358 Likes Received
    What's it is is a lack of respect.
  5. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,281 Messages
    2,708 Likes Received
    You cannot post the tweets without saving the page and posting it via another site. I'd just read the article.

Fletcher was one of my favorite players who went unrecognized for a long time. Hate he was a Skin but admired him as a player a lot.
  6. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,810 Messages
    1,597 Likes Received
    Well London...
    Dallas is 9-5 with Dallas starting vs the Redskins, and they swept you last season.

What I don't get is why Machota thought he should print a story, with accompanying photo no less, based on this tweet. POS
  7. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,687 Messages
    2,706 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    5Stars, Heelsboy, jobberone and 4 others like this.
  8. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,467 Messages
    3,302 Likes Received
  9. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

64,467 Messages
    3,302 Likes Received
    bwahahahaha!! literally lmao
  10. Howboutdemcowboys31

Howboutdemcowboys31 Active Member

998 Messages
    122 Likes Received
    Liked Fletcher up until this. Fletcher is the one choking, I won't say on what, just that its Romos
  11. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,048 Messages
    761 Likes Received
    Hey, thanks for bringing back one the Cowboys' great clutch plays in recent memory. Down by 6 with little over a minute left, 4th and goal, and we see some Romo/Murray magic. On the previous play - 3rd and 1 - DeMarco had lost 9 yards. On 4th and 10, Tony goes right back to DeMarco for what turned out to be the winning touchdown. The D then stepped up and stopped the Skins on their last possession. Cowboys 24 Skins 23.
    BigStar and dstovall5 like this.
  12. starfrombirth

starfrombirth Well-Known Member

3,666 Messages
    344 Likes Received
    No one said they were satisfied with that. They were just saying that Fletcher has no room to talk.... Jeesh!
    Heelsboy and Hostile like this.
  13. Super_Kazuya

Super_Kazuya Well-Known Member

1,572 Messages
    755 Likes Received
    [IMG]
  14. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,422 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    That statement is old and tired. You missed the point completely. Doesn't it go without saying that no one is satisfied with missing the playoffs?
    Heelsboy and Hostile like this.
  15. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,810 Messages
    1,597 Likes Received
    That was a nice drive all the way, but the end was epic.

And yes, if Dallas loses that game the season is over.
    Not a "win and in" but it was a "win or go home"...lol
    dstovall5 likes this.
  16. bark

bark Well-Known Member

1,882 Messages
    705 Likes Received
    And that was the way London's career ended. Torched by tony at the buzzer
    Boyzmamacita and BigStar like this.
  17. dfense

dfense Well-Known Member

2,422 Messages
    121 Likes Received
    I can totally see it. Romo, as QB of "America's team" is a punching bag for everyone since he hasn't won a SB. So when he does light these guys up on the field it's extremely frustrating to them, since Romo is suppose to suck. According to the media heads.
  18. BoysFan4ever

BoysFan4ever Well-Known Member

4,153 Messages
    1,106 Likes Received
    I think it's personal. He rubs some the wrong way. He has a reputation for choking. I will leave it to others to argue that as true or not but I am thinking it's personal.
  19. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

1,851 Messages
    371 Likes Received
    We'll of course it's taken a life of its own now and is currently featured on MSNs home page blah blah blah...
  20. 12+88=7

12+88=7 Member

31 Messages
    15 Likes Received
    It would have been 6 of 21 if not for the hold on Alex Barron in game 1 of 2010 season.
    BigStar likes this.