1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Just curioius, if rams get top pick, how much to move up and get Luck?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Dec 23, 2011.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    I was thinking, say for instance the rams or vikings come out with first overall pick not the colts.

How much do you think it would take for cowboys to move up and draft Luck?

Next, if for instance cowboys dont beat the eagles, God forbid, and lose to the giants, get knocked out of the playoffs. Would jerry jones and jason garrett blow some of it up and rebuild?

I am thinking some way you agree in principle to spencer, and thus use him in a trade up with our number one pick to move up and get luck QB. We would probably have to give up our 2013 number one pick to.

What other players do you think cowboys might trade and blow it up if dont get in playoffs, and trade possibly?
  2. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

21,963 Messages
    1,537 Likes Received
    The Rams draft Luck and trade Bradford.
  3. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    If anyone but the Colts get the first pick it opens up some interesting scenario's for sure but none of them involve the Dallas Cowboys.
  4. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Thats honestly what i was thinking buddy, but hey you never know sometimes. Remember way back when we had better offer on table for john elway when tom landry tried to trade for elway and dan reeves stole him from the colts.

Reason i mentioned rams or vikings, rams for sure are in disaray with coaching staff and ownership, so you never know, hey maybe jerrry jones could throw in some extra cash in the deal. 99.999 % chance wont happen, but ive learned in draft and trades, never say never because you never know what might happen.

Again, ive learned down through the years, you have every scenario covered and be ready, just like one day supposedly that the 49ers sent a sheet to the cowboys possible trade of charles haley to the cowboys for a 2nd and 4th. You just never know sometimes, doubtful you know, but have every scenario covered.
  5. DavidS

DavidS Well-Known Member

1,144 Messages
    212 Likes Received
    No way the Cowboys are getting Luck or any other QB for that matter in the first couple of rounds.
  6. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I wouldn't go that far . I think if the right QB fell to them , they would take him . With that being said , teams will overreach again this year at the QB position and I doubt the value will be there .
  7. DBOY3141

DBOY3141 Well-Known Member

3,273 Messages
    541 Likes Received
    If Rams get 1st pick and the Redskins are in the top 10, look out. They will easily give up this year's 1st and 2nd and next year's 1st to move up. If I was the Ram's I would take it. Bradford is not the problem for the Rams, they need defense and OL.

Doesn't the new CBA has a rookie cap, if so I expect to see lot's of trading in the 1st round this year.
  8. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    It would cost you the rest of this years draft, for sure, and possibly more for the Rams to move out of a first pick spot to where the Cowboys will be.
  9. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I guess you didn't beleve the repots that all but five teams were preparing trade offers to get Luck . I didn't believe it either .:laugh2:
  10. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Yeah, uber hype.

I can name 10 teams who don't even have him rated as the top player in this draft.
  11. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,775 Messages
    10,070 Likes Received
    I'm all for pouncing on a franchise QB prospect should the opportunity be there, but I wouldn't force it to the tune of giving up a ransom to move from the bottom third of the first round to the first overall pick.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,775 Messages
    10,070 Likes Received
    Really?

Who are those ten teams?
  13. RamziD

RamziD Well-Known Member

1,923 Messages
    120 Likes Received
    My co-worker today said he heard on one of the sports radio shows that it may take 4 first round picks to move up to the #1 spot. I don't know how much truth there is to that or if anyone else heard the same...
  14. Cowboy Brian

Cowboy Brian Romo 2 Austin Zone Supporter

11,917 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Heck if Sam Bradford goes on the trading block I want him.
  15. windward

windward NFL Historian

15,217 Messages
    514 Likes Received
    Do they have Rg 3? Or a guy like Kalil?
  16. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    Disagree. I'd watch the right candidate if we were very late in the 1st and certainly watch for the 2nd round. We were going to take Andy Dalton in the second this year if he had been there for us when we picked.
  17. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    Wouldn't that have been nice. He could've sat behind Romo for a little while to learn and mature.
  18. TheDallasDon

TheDallasDon AegonTheConqueror-Now bend the knee

2,520 Messages
    141 Likes Received
    Who are u think besides ur boi from Arizona??? I would think Barkley, L.Jones, and maybe RG III all returning would also make this less likely.

Sdogo I would like 2 hear these teams if u don't mind tell em
  19. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,136 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    Shefter said a few days ago it would take 3 to 4 1st rounders to get the #1 pick. How accurate that is I don't know.
  20. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,127 Messages
    3,208 Likes Received
    I think Foles would be the guy I'd target in that scenario.