1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Just curious .. who is the next hot coach commodity?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Jimmie, Aug 27, 2005.

1. Jimmie

Jimmie New Member

374 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I am curious, who is the next hot commodity, as far as coaches?

Watching the NFL network seeing some diff pieces on Gruden and some of the other teams with young head coaches, has me intrigued. So, if there is one out there, who is it?

I'm intrigued by the thought of having a young (young in age, not experience) head coach brought in when Parcells decides to leave. Please, give me your thoughts/opinions/ideas etc. :bow:
  2. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    My opinion is to enjoy having a great coach while we have one, and not worry about the next one. :)
  3. Jimmie

Jimmie New Member

374 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Im a HUGE Parcells fan, but I was just curious as to who the young, hot commidity was. Id like to see a younger coach, bring in his own staff, and grow with the team.
  4. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received
    To tell you the truth, I don't want to think about it. I dread the day JJ has to hire a new coach.
  5. Smith22

Smith22 Well-Known Member

5,707 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    Agreed. Up early aren't you?
  6. Jimmie

Jimmie New Member

374 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I dread it aswell.

Since we dont want to think about that, can we at least discuss some young, good coaches on the brink? :bow:
  7. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,521 Messages
    467 Likes Received

I work late (or early, depending how you look at it). I'm just about to hit the sack in a few minutes.
  8. Jimmie

Jimmie New Member

374 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    same here, just checking in while I have a few minutes..... :starspin
  9. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,098 Messages
    77 Likes Received
    I am going to have my eye on Charlie Weiss at Notre Dame. I really respect him as an offensive coordinator, and I think if he is successful as a head coach in college, he will be the next big name. I would love to see him come to Big D and design an offense around a young quarterback.
  10. Murph80

Murph80 Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Sean Payton and BoB Stoops. Payton will be the next Cowboys HC if another team does not grab him after this year. He will a least interveiw with others this year.
  11. Novacek84

Novacek84 Well-Known Member

1,237 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    I'd like to see Stoops here after Parcells. But if you remember a couple years back when Switzer was canned JJ seemed to have a thing for this Houston Nutt guy at Arkansas. I live in CT so I know nothing about him, but can anyone tell me why JJ would be interested? Is it just because Nutt is an Arkansas guy? Because he's done nothing with that program to show that he's the next Urban Meyer. I wonder if he is still on JJ's radar for life after Parcells.
  12. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,690 Messages
    1,492 Likes Received
    I think if Payton is here when BP leaves the job will be his and I can certainly live with that.
  13. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,987 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'll give you a name.

Donnie Henderson.

This guy should be a HC in two or three years, tops.

One of the best in-game adjusters in the business..I think the Jets had six second half shut outs last year. As fiery a motivator as Herm Edwards, only much much more an Xs and Os coach.

It will be a bidding war for his HC services if he continues on his pace.
  14. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,337 Messages
    41 Likes Received
    How About Eagles Off Cord Brad Childress?. He's Young, well Respected and look how productive the Eagles Offense has been. A good year at LSU could put former Cowboy's TE Coach Les Miles up for an NFL job. :suxiggle: :iggles: :trophy: :disseags:
  15. BlueWave

BlueWave New Member

1,069 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think Payton has already been all but promised the first shot at the job.

Why else would he turn down the HC job the Raiders offerd him to remain assistant in Dallas

Here's one for you Henson fans as well. Notice that Parcells did not even attend Henson's workout. Who did? Payton. Why? Maybe they knew then that Henson would never start for Parcells, but would be developed for the time when Payton took over.
  16. baj1dallas

baj1dallas New Member

6,556 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Bob Stoops.
  17. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Bob Stoops
    Urban Myer
    Henderson
    Weiss (even though he's not really that young)

and I'm sure there are tons more that I don't know about
  18. ndanger

ndanger Active Member

2,298 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Stoops would be my first choice but it would be contingent on him bringing his defensive minded brother Mike with him.They were a dynamic coaching team at the college level and I would be comfortable with them making it at the next level.Absolutely no comparison with any Spurrier failures at it.
  19. ndanger

ndanger Active Member

2,298 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    I agree Donnie Henderson has the makings of a very good head coach in his own right and he's picked up pointers from a pretty darn good coach in Herm.
  20. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,328 Messages
    352 Likes Received
    Greg Knapp from Atlanta will probably be hot in the next few years too.