1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Just for the Garrett Haters

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by rcaldw, Aug 8, 2012.

1. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

37,822 Messages
    1,082 Likes Received
    I will become a fan when he starts winning, same as everyone else. Not big in to talk, more about production.
  2. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,532 Messages
    1,850 Likes Received
    Because we couldn't run the ball. Might as well try and spread 'em out and throw it.
  3. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,765 Messages
    2,813 Likes Received
    I like when people can be objective and talk about the good and the bad about a player or coach. I do NOT like it when people need to fall so hard on the lover or hater side of a player or coach.

What I really don't like is when someone starts with a thread title that has something along the lines of...

happy fans don't click on this thread...

Haters don't click on this thread...

For the Sun Pumpers out there...

For the Haters out there...

Basically it is nothing but someone calling others out in a manner that does not make for a decent OBJECTIVE environment of debate...from the top it is starting out on a negative call out nature.

I don't mind a good debate, heck I love it but it would be nice if we, as cowboys fans discussing our team with fellow cowboys fans, at least try to be objective in our opinions instead of starting right off the bat with ways to be divisive and belittle others that do not share your opinion. I think that is something we could all work on.

But who knows, maybe that is just me getting older and being silly.:eek::
  4. RCowboyFan

RCowboyFan New Member

6,926 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I agree :p:
  5. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,623 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    The problem is that sometimes you have to threaten run in order to help open the pass. And that one of the weaknesses of Garrett is he has yet to show the patience to deal with the 1 or 2-yard gain if it can eventually set up an open pass play. Also, we do have some issues with Romo not being tall enough to run the play action with the tight end over the middle and Witten being poor at selling the run and going for the pass. And we still have problems with Romo waiting until the last second to snap the ball on such a high percentage of snaps.

There is definitely poor execution, but the playcalling could be better and I think it's one of the main question marks of Garrett as a head coach.

YR
  6. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,623 Messages
    636 Likes Received
    And how well has that worked for us? I would rather snap the ball under center and threaten the possibility of running the ball and getting a defensive player biting on play action.

YR
  7. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

26,532 Messages
    1,850 Likes Received
    I agree with that one too, if my QB won't get killed so close to the LOS from a pin-your-ears-back pass rush because they know we're throwing it, and they know our G-C-G is swiss cheese.
  8. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,685 Messages
    1,133 Likes Received
    Bigno.

They always said the same thing about Wade too.
  9. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    I like the non-conventional personnel moves, more so because they are better for us in the long run as well as this year. I give it up to JG and whoever is in charge of that. We done had a good offseason. We didn't fill the obvious positions, but we made some aggressive moves that, in my opinion, will give us a good shot at winning for the next 3-4 seasons. We have a solid base. Resigning Romo will eventually be an issue argued about. But he'll earn his keep. Stats don't lie.

I'm not sure about the mindset of this team. That has to carry on until December. In spite of the hype surrounding Garrett, some of us still have a bitter taste in our mouth from last year.

There are no excuses for that.

With that said, I'm pulling for the Ginger.
  10. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,227 Messages
    1,970 Likes Received

Proof of what?

So far Garrett has done jack, he is barely above .500 as a head coach in the NFL. If Garrett wants to be considered a great head coach, then he has to actually start winning some games.

Sorry, but a .500 head coach is nothing to get a hard on over. Get the team into the playoffs, then maybe Garrett will start getting the respect you think he deserves.
  11. CCBoy

CCBoy Well-Known Member

14,315 Messages
    262 Likes Received
    Lol, biting off the heads and then peeing down the nubs gets a little messy after a while...:)
  12. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,227 Messages
    1,970 Likes Received

Sorry, but Garrett has been the OC since 2007 and the WRs have to have Romo tell them where to line up.

I dont think "attention to detail" is really one of Garrett's strongest points.
  13. Dallas4ever

Dallas4ever Active Member

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    :muttley:

I think he's referring to the reincarnated Garrett.
  14. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    I'm referring to what is a consensus among the players interviewed. They all say it. Now, perhaps you guys know better since you are on the inside and know of Garrett's lack of attention to detail. I will certainly defer to your inside info. :)
  15. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,007 Messages
    1,572 Likes Received
    why they are not biting on the run to begin with. We do run plays from under center and often end up with defenders in our back field before the runner even gets the ball. You don't take care of the line of scrimmage and show you can pound out the tough yards there is no defense that will respect the run they will have their ears pinned back to Romo.
  16. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,500 Messages
    2,015 Likes Received
  17. Dallas4ever

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received

We can only go by what we've seen on the field. If one sees something happen often enough, it tends to influence your opinion one way or the other. Various guys not knowing where to line up or players running the wrong routes is reflective of a lack of detail. We're hoping that we'll see less of these issues this year.
  18. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Takes time Lab. Things are changing. The roster is changing, the mindset is changing and eventually (and I think it will be this year) the record will change, and it will no longer be a 1 year good 1 year off, 2 years good, 1 year disaster, team. Only time will tell if I'm right, but I'm not Pollyanna and I believe what I'm saying. Let's see.
  19. rcaldw

rcaldw Well-Known Member

5,913 Messages
    376 Likes Received
    Does it ever dawn on us that the very attitude you express is the attitude that Garrett has to overcome? When a team has gotten used to failing it takes time and even changes before it becomes a team that believes in itself AND has the ability to do something about it. It is coming.
  20. Dallas4ever

2,547 Messages
    2 Likes Received