1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Just got back from training camp: TO Outburst

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by diehard2294, Aug 3, 2006.

1. Ashwynn

Ashwynn Well-Known Member

3,224 Messages
    68 Likes Received
    A personal history. Thats all pple have to go by till you give them something new to look at. When we watch el dorado, we see just more of the same behavior that led to the 'bad apple' label.

Can you blame pple for cringing when el dorado throws his helmet 20 yards after an underthrow. All we have to go by is what we know and to some of us, it looks like more of the same ole same ole.

el dorado has no one to blame but himself if hes unhappy with his public perception or public image. if he wants us to think differently about him, why does he not act differently now that hes happy? Hmmm......

Could be competitive fire, I will grant you that, but coming from a 'bad boy', it appears to us now as just more 'bad boy' behavior before the explosion. nothing we have not seen twice before, before a total team meltdown. Appearences can be deceiving, they can also be damnning. El dorado needs to safeguard his anger bouts knowing hes under a microscope. He does nothing to mitigate his behavior from looking like the same from his past, Why should we give him the benefit of the doubt when nothing looks like its changed?
  2. CalMor

CalMor New Member

209 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In a 5 day work week, I know I have and out-burst at least 1 day out of that week.
  3. Fla Cowpoke

Fla Cowpoke Well-Known Member

2,323 Messages
    350 Likes Received
    Again...I think if this happened like this guy said, it would be all over the place. How many mediots were critical of the move? How many look for ANY reason to crticize Jones or Parcells?

If nearly as bad as you say, it would be front page news...the Beginning of the End.
  4. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

4,618 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    I'll defend TO. What more do we want our receiver to do. Come on Drew. You've got 4 weeks to get it together.

By the way, TO's reaction is no surprise to anyone with any resemblance of brain activity.
  5. DLCassidy

DLCassidy Active Member

2,390 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    It's funny, the posts in this thread are pretty much along "party" lines. The guys that didn't want him see this as proof of the inevitable and the guys that wanted him think it either never happened or it doesn't matter. :laugh2:

Personally I'm no TO apologist but I do think it can and will work here for two reasons. Bill Parcells and Drew Bledsoe. Parcells may be fiery but he knows how to handle all kinds of football players effectively. I think he will command TO's respect. Bledsoe? He's very even keeled and he's not an insecure guy. He's not going to rip TO on a day he drops 3 balls and he's not going to get upset when TO gets disgusted because he missed him. It's a long season boys. Bledsoe is going to miss a lot more open receivers before we're done. TO is going to act like a 3 year old a lot more times. It's not that big of a deal because there are 2 key adults that will keep it from being one IMO.

One other note: did anyone see the program on WR's on NFL network? It's been shown a few times in the past year. TO was in it. Chad Johnson. Moss. Harrison. Every one of these guys are ultra competitive. Get upset when they don't see the ball (which should be every play in their minds). The scene with Chad Johnson coming back to the huddle whining about being open and Carson Palmer basically ignoring him made me laugh. We will be seeing that many times this year. Palmer can handle it. And Drew Bledsoe can handle it too.
  6. Sportsbabe

4,618 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    Speaking for myself, my comments were not directed at you. I really appreciate a first hand account of TO's behavior. I'm looking to get it from somebody straight without a cut or a chaser (if you know what I mean;) ).

Everybody knew what we were getting when we signed TO. Only the people who are responding with the "oh my God's" when they hear he is throwing a helmet and waving his hands is what ticks me off. It's disingenuous.

I've got my eye on Bledsoe's :moonbart: I expect him to do whatever it takes. He's the bigger man. TO's the baby (for lack of a better word).
  7. Sportsbabe

4,618 Messages
    390 Likes Received
    Speaking of Chad Johnson, did ya'll catch him on Total Access this week? I love that guy. He is so much fun. This year he says he is going to have a poem for every DB he faces this year and he's gonna have a picture of their face instead of a list of their name. He's trying to come up with a counter for the NFL not allowing them to celebrate and have fun on field.
  8. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

65,048 Messages
    3,981 Likes Received
    I've seen that episode a few times. Haven't been able to catch the whole thing, but I love watching the few tidbits I do get to see. Even Michael Irvin is in it. One of these days I'm gonna catch the whole thing.
  9. random Cs

random Cs Member

312 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Will ya'll tell TO to behave.

Not trying to see 4million replays of TO throwing his helmet if he does it on a Sunday.
  10. DLCassidy

DLCassidy Active Member

2,390 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Michael is great in it. That's what you hope TO can become in the right situation- an outgoing leader that walks the walk when the game is on the line.
  11. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received

Like I said it is amazing that someone who does not like TO is the only person in the entire country to see this happen.
  12. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,129 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    "The TE position is set,again good routes,good hands, Witten looks good, and Fasano has made some eye dropping catches so far."

Darn... I had to keep reading this one to understand it LOL
  13. REDVOLUTION

REDVOLUTION Return to Dominance

23,129 Messages
    465 Likes Received
    I gotta admit when I first read your post I was thinking... "wait a sec, you cant through to TO EVERYTIME he is open deep" but then about a split second later I thought... even if it is not a complete pass for a TD.... Defenses will be way off the line... if they think that TO is gonna take it to the house on every play
  14. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,412 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    well, expand your mind for a second and follow me:I said my son was standing next to me along with several other fans along the fence on the 40 yard line,who watched it happen. You want to know who picked up his helmet! Joe Juresak the strenght coach,put it on the bag and tapped TO to say here's your helmet, TO just shrugs it off. TO then festers for 5 minutes and grags a water bottle,Bledsoe pats him on the rear and TO goes and talks to JJ. Now 5 minutes later he is talking to BP at the water break. I better stop though because I am making way to much up now:rolleyes:Real crack investigating you have done with this one

My dislike for Owens doesn't give me any reason to lie about something I seen with my own too eyes, so stop reaching for something that's not there. Last if you were at camp you would have understood where ESPN was and how they would not see it. But hey I was there, and you can only create the picture:rolleyes: sorry mods for bringing this to the top
  15. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,909 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    Like I said you and a couple people were the only ones in the world to see it. The 80 reporters that are at camp just to watch Owens missed that ;)
  16. Calicowboy

Calicowboy New Member

520 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I did not see it happen and have been on the sideline since day 1. I was also not watching this particular series DieHard is talking about, as well as several reporters. Having said that, I have also met Diehard and he did tell me about it the next day. All the reporters are not focused in on T.O. They were the first day, but since there has been a lack of "action", they have begun to look for other stories.

Knowing DieHard I dont discredit what he has said.
  17. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,412 Messages
    342 Likes Received
    thanks Cali,you met me,what a big liar I am HUH;) :D . Wish I was still there.
  18. Blue&Silver

Blue&Silver Member

489 Messages
    14 Likes Received
    This looks exactly like the Philly boards when TO played there. Those Philly fans saw no wrong in the guy. He's always the victim, and anything that went wrong was somebody else's fault.

Its no coincidence he was thrown off 2 teams in 3 years. 3 if you count Baltimore. He'll get even worse when he's more comfortable with his new surroundings, and teammates. He's already ahead of schedule.