1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Just Reported on ESPN: Ben & Skin Jerry/Jason meeting alone on plane

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by LittleD, Jan 22, 2013.

1. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I hope Jerry is thanking Garrett for getting the staff together for Gruden.
  2. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Just got some funny looks because I burst out laughing from this on the train.
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Gruden and Kiffin have been on the outs for some time now.
  4. diehard2294

diehard2294 America's Team

4,863 Messages
    592 Likes Received
    were screwed then...Romo constantly has to line people up when we break the huddle now...and Dez:p:
  5. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I didn't hear, but was this before or after he claimed Callahan threw the Super Bowl?
  6. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,386 Messages
    1,411 Likes Received
    Nah, can't be.

:rolleyes:

YR
  7. Star Guard_31

Star Guard_31 Active Member

215 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Well, I guess now we know what (Ratliff DWI) they were meeting about.

I imagine they'll probably begin taking a longer look at DTs starting tomorrow.
  8. Eskimo

Eskimo Well-Known Member

12,555 Messages
    161 Likes Received
    IDK, Ryan and Garrett always seemed a bit of an oddball match to me. I thought it might work out in a ying vs. yang sort of way but in the end Ryan couldn't force TOs. Pasqualoni forced as many TOs in half a season playing zone coverage as Ryan could in a whole season playing his defense. This despite most of the investments made over the last couple of seasons being on the defensive side while the offensive side got only Tyron Smith.

To me it is pretty obvious that Ryan was failing as a DC. His scheme couldn't force TOs and that is the name of the game in today's high scoring NFL. The defense is going to give up some points but it better be able to generate some TOs and give the offense some short fields to work with. Marinelli and Kiffin are both big-time proven DCs in this league and I think they'll give us the best unit we've had here since the 90s.
  9. ScipioCowboy

ScipioCowboy More than meets the eye. Zone Supporter

15,279 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    I won't lie. I lawl'ed.
  10. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,950 Messages
    1,392 Likes Received
    You're very easily amused then.
  11. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

3,182 Messages
    357 Likes Received
    ..all the hand-wringing about whether or not Garrett has this authority or not. Or if he's a puppet or not.

Look folks.

Jason Garrett has never won as a coach at any level. Not JV, not high school, college or pro.

He hasn't got the expereince or the background to do it all. Jerry Jones has to step in and do what he feels is needed.

That's it. End of story.

I don't really understand it. Even back to the Jimmy Johnson episode. Jones is the owner, he gives people a chance and has been let down a ton of times.

Gailey..Parcells, Phillips..Garrett.

Come on..somewhere along the line the coaches have to take responsibility that their abilities have eroded. Or where not there in the first place.

Parcells was the only guy, other than Jimmy Johnson, that got to make all the staff hiring. And Jimmy was short-lived and so was Parcells.

The rest were not that bloody good. Look at the records.

SO Garrett needs to shutup, learn his job and listen to what the others have to say about how to move forward.

He's over his head, Garrett. Hopefully his new OC was also there at the plane and it was explained what was going to happen.

If not, give Garrett a one-way ticket back to Dallas and let him clean out his office. When Jerry once told Jimmy Johnson that there were 500 coaches who could couch his team and win..

..he needs to say the same thing to Garrett.

Get a new coach ready and make the move if for a minute Garrett isn't onboard with all this.

He's got nothing proven and everything to gain by putting up and shutting up.

:starspinRedBaLL ExPreSS:starspin
  12. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,126 Messages
    3,204 Likes Received
    Jason has never coached at the JV HS, or NCAA level. In the NFL, which is the pros, he is 21-19.

21 > 19

I believe in technical terms that is called winning. Never winning if you want to get technical is 0.

21 > 0

That is still winning.

In the future this team under him will win a lot.
  13. gimmesix

gimmesix Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life

9,462 Messages
    931 Likes Received
    All the plays he needs to be successful are in the playbook, he just has to make better use of them than Garrett did.
  14. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

32,009 Messages
    7,757 Likes Received
    Methinks the Redball Express doesn't run in the same direction it used to run. All aboard, indeed.
  15. CowboyMcCoy

CowboyMcCoy Business is a Boomin

12,749 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    Just play along. We don't want to embarrass the little guy.