1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Just spoke to an old pal of mine....

Discussion in 'Members Zone' started by Badattitude, Sep 4, 2005.

1. Badattitude

Badattitude Benched

622 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Was at a BBQ today....he's a huge Chiefs fan since the days of Bill Kenny and Carlos Carson...He flys to 2 Games every year from NJ(He's a football freak)

He said HE CANNOT BELIEVE we got Fujita - he has no idea why he was traded since the Chefs are as bad as it gets on D...even with their picks he said there's no way a tackling machine liek this guy should have been shipped out...Her said he'll be an instant Fan Fav in Dallas - he equated his tackling and tenacity to Zach Thomas - Gary Plummer. Said he thought Dat was in possible trouble. ??

Just passing it along....
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven New Member

974 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree. I think this guy is great. That's what worries me. Why so little? I'm worried about his shoulder injury.
  3. watertown

watertown Member

274 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    he plays outside I thought
  4. Dawgs0916

Dawgs0916 Will the Thrill

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    You have pals? Lol just kidding. But yeah Fujita should be a real nice acquisition.
  5. Nors

Nors Benched

22,015 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    sweet add - nice vet - olb
  6. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,320 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    I'm also worried about the shoulder, if he is not healthy this year then the trade is a bad way to get a OLB.
  7. Reality

Reality Administrator Staff Member

11,503 Messages
    888 Likes Received
    I'm sorry but I just don't believe it ... I just can't believe you have a "pal" :D :D
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

59,687 Messages
    2,705 Likes Received

Everybody needs somebody sometimes. :p:

Just kidding BA
  9. kmd24

kmd24 Active Member

3,436 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    That's certainly why the trade included a conditional pick.

A 6th next year is not a bad price for a *chance* at a quality player. Really, it's much better than a draft pick because the guy is proven and just needs to heal. Most 6th rounders won't make their teams.

If he pans out the second 6th will seem trivial. Heck, the Cowboys gave up almost that much for Kenyon Coleman, and I was happy with that when he looked like he was nothing more than a body providing depth.
  10. ZiggyZ.

ZiggyZ. New Member

69 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love watching the Chiefs because of their awesome offense. Priest Holmes is just amazing.
    And when they play defense, Fujita was the only guy doing a bloody thing. He was all over the field.
    Great pickup for Dallas.
  11. Badattitude

Badattitude Benched

622 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :(.. I actually have 2
  12. Rockytop6

Rockytop6 Well-Known Member

2,067 Messages
    82 Likes Received
    One by one, BP is putting the pieces in place. Both the LB and WR should be good depth or upgrades.
  13. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Does the other pal know the difference between an ILB (Dat) and an OLB (Fujita)?? Seems the one we're talkin' about here doesn't... :D
  14. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    Right hand and left hand? :laugh1:

just messing with ya BA :D
  15. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,184 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    Its hard to imagine that the a defense as sorry as the Chiefs couldnt find a place for a guy who led them in tackles the last 2 seasons and would let him go for a 6th round pick. Glad they did though.
  16. Fletch

Fletch To The Moon

9,259 Messages
    461 Likes Received
    Dat is definitely not in trouble of losing his job to Fujita.
  17. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,320 Messages
    354 Likes Received
    Havn't we made a couple of deals with Dick that didn't work out very well?
  18. playit12

playit12 New Member

795 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Led in tackles is a bit of a misnomer. Check out his, and his teams, actual numbers to see what I'm talking about. This guy most certainly is not a tackling machine, and the KC Linebackers are quite possible the worst in the league.

Looking at the numbers it appears the strongest position at LB for the cheifs was the WLB. Incidently he was the only one kept as a starter as the Chiefs drafted DJ to replace Fujita and signed Bell to start at MLB.

The Chiefs felt so strongly about Fujita that they didn't keep him as the sole vet with starting experience behind a rookie.

Beware castaway's from other teams.
  19. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agreed. If any LB is in danger of losing his job to Fujita it is Singleton. He stays on the team for now but loses the starting job to Fujita by week 4...my crystal ball said so.
  20. junk

junk I've got moxie

9,273 Messages
    199 Likes Received
    Singleton will lose his job to Burnett. Fujita is depth.