1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Justin Durant Gets First Chance To Replace Lee At Middle LB

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by morasp, Jun 2, 2014.

1. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Active Member

479 Messages
    56 Likes Received

You can't be serious? They might as well get Orton in the mix if they go that way.
  2. Doc50

Doc50 Original Fan Zone Supporter

533 Messages
    143 Likes Received
    No, Urlacher has lost the ability to rapidly change direction (Jerry is still looking for this).

I haven't seen definitive reports whether it's hips, knees, or ankles, but the dude can't move well enough.
  3. Redball Express

Redball Express All Aboard!!!

2,983 Messages
    251 Likes Received
    Well..

Maybe a little tongue-in-cheek..

but he did play LBer in the 3-4..

..and he was I believe a DL in college.

So if healthy..

at 265 he could play the position and with some pop..

..but obviously.. not now with his recovery.

Plus making all the defensive adjustment calls is a tough assignment for anybody.

Best MLBer we ever had was Leroy Jordan.

I'd take just 50% of him right now.
  4. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,384 Messages
    638 Likes Received
    Exactly my point...he's 1/2 of his best and still better than anyone else we have at Mike...
  5. Silver N Blue

Silver N Blue Active Member

479 Messages
    56 Likes Received
    Yeah all do respect I just don't think he would be quick enough to man the position. An outside lb in a 3 4 or DE are probably the best two spots for him. Just my opinion though.
  6. blindzebra

blindzebra Well-Known Member

9,191 Messages
    330 Likes Received
    The main thing for the MLB in this defense is coverage in a deep middle zone. No way does Spencer have that ability.
  7. jday

jday Well-Known Member

2,620 Messages
    580 Likes Received
    I would too, but as I said in another thread, I'd really like to see if Holloman or the rookie Hitchens could fill that role.
  8. DC Cowboy

DC Cowboy Member

491 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    I would like to se Albright given a chane
  9. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

10,209 Messages
    3,037 Likes Received
    Does he want to play again? He had back and neck problems in college and with the Cowboys.
  10. LatinMind

LatinMind iPhotoshop

8,294 Messages
    1,264 Likes Received
    Thought the first guy was Hitchens? lol. He did all the snaps right after Lee went down. Dallas media needs to make up their mind who is first on replacing Lee. Worst in the business.
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

75,058 Messages
    1,615 Likes Received
    As I have heard from many teams in OTA none of this tells you who will be with the 1st or 2nd string when they hit training camp. Coaches will have some idea heading into camp of who gets penciled in as a starter at the beggining of camp and based on performace guys who may start in camp, may not be starting once they hit the reg season. Durant clearly has an edge on experiance alone and would not come as a shock if he is penciled in as a starter when camp comes around. Who wins the battle is yet to be determined.