1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kane's WWE Return

Discussion in 'Sports Zone' started by zrinkill, Dec 8, 2011.

1. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,044 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    [youtube]7B0Wa4IRkzs[/youtube]

Cannot wait for the return of the masked Kane. Looks like its gonna be his final run.
  2. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,906 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    Yeah him and Taker are going to wind up having their final returns in the early part of 2012. I imagine Taker is completely done at Mania. Maybe Kane will run a bit longer than that but who knows.
  3. zrinkill

33,044 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    To damn bad these guys hafta get old.

Kane is 44
    Taker is 46

Though I have been thinking lately that maybe the return of the mask means the Kane character will stick around even after Glenn Jacobs retires, though they wuld have to find a phenomenal big guy to replace him.
  4. BraveHeartFan

23,906 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received

This would be near impossible to replace. I don't know of a single guy even close enough to the build that it would be believable and there certainly won't be a big guy who works as well as him and is the professional that he is.

Guys like Taker and Kane are guys you simply just don't ever replace.
  5. zrinkill

33,044 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    I agree ....... but Vince has tried crap like that before.
  6. RoyTheHammer

RoyTheHammer Well-Known Member

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Anxious to see Kane's return and what they do with it. Love that Nash is back in the ring.. can only hope to see a return of the NWO at some point, though i doubt it. You can't have him wrestle as a singles wrestler for very long though and expect him to go somewhere with that angle, he's a little old for that. I'd love to see him and Waltman back together though, with maybe HHH joining and a young guy or two.

Sadly, it probably won't ever happen.
  7. BraveHeartFan

23,906 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received

Ehhhh I gotta be honest I'm glad that it probably won't happen.

The nWo thing is dead. It's been dead a long time. It was dead the last couple of times they tried to reuse it.

It's just not good anymore. It was great when it first started and was great for about as long as it should have been. WCW rode that horse right into the ground though and its simply not good anymore.
  8. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    I'd rather see Nash and Waltman getting major air time than most of the duo's they have on right now. Miz and Truth suck. Del Rio and his ring ho suck. Air Boom sucks. There's just nothing entertaining anymore.

Though you're right, it won't happen because of the PG thing.
  9. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2: Big news guys, Kane has returned to professional wrestling acting!
  10. zrinkill

33,044 Messages
    788 Likes Received
    Everyone here knows that ...... its just another TV show ...... If you do not like it avoid the threads *********.
  11. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Quite the contrary, I love these kind of threads! Shhhhhhambles!
  12. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    He doesn't watch movies or tv.. he's far too cultured for that.

:laugh2:
  13. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

51,589 Messages
    5,499 Likes Received
    When they cranked up the old nWo theme music last Monday night on Raw for Kevin Nash that really got my attention. Loved that stuff.
  14. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Still gets alot of attention by the sound of things. Even as old as he is, Nash is still the same guy he's always been. Plays his role like a pro. True badarse.
  15. BraveHeartFan

23,906 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    The PG thing has ZERO to do with why it won't happen.

It won't happen because the nWo sucks now. It sucked the last two or three times they've tried to rehash it. It's not good anymore and hasn't been good since 1998.

Kevin Nash is cool and works very well in the role he's in right now and should stay in the stand alone role. There is no reason to rehash a group that hasn't been good in more than a decade. It's worse now than when they'd rehash the 4 Horseman stuff long after that group was no longer any good.
  16. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    When have they tried to rehash the nWo lately?

Im not sure which instance you're referring to, but rest assured if they did something with Nash and the nWo, there would be a huge response, like there is to all the "old" gimmicks that were popular in the 90's "Golden" era of wrestling.

Austin, Rock, Foley, DDP, Sting, Steiner, etc..
  17. DanteEXT

DanteEXT Well-Known Member

1,832 Messages
    174 Likes Received
    You know, the nWo was fun at the time. But I was always more a fan of the red and black nWo theme.
  18. RoyTheHammer

13,748 Messages
    669 Likes Received
    Nash was the Wolfpac leader i believe. Doubt we see that theme resurrected though. I liked it too.
  19. BraveHeartFan

23,906 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received
    The WWE has done at least 2 attempted relaunches of the nWo and they were terrible.

They brought them in prior to WM18 with that whole Vince was doing it to kill WWE angle. It sucked. The only thing that it lead to was Hogan facing Rock at WM18 (Which was awesome) and then the thing basically being useless after Scott Hall once again crapped the bed on it.

Then they attempted, very quickly after WM, to get it going again with Nash at the head and bringing in new people. As a matter of fact they had HBK return, after a long haitus when I think (though the details are fuzzy on that at the moment) he was still technically the commish of WWE.

During that time frame as I recall they had put Booker T in it, briefly before they brought Michaels back. Cause if I remember correctly Michaels came out, showing he was nWo, and superkicked Booker in the face as the problem piece of the nWo.

Then they did the deal where they teased that HBK and Nash were getting HHH to join the nWo and that didn't happen.

The thing fell apart very, very, very quickly and it was because no one, at all really, cared about the nWo and rehashing that junk again. I think, though you might remember better than me on this, they even had Waltman in this remake of the nWo.

At any rate I remember it didn't last long, and it fell completely apart, and it was just scatter brained and terrible for the short lived time it was there.

the nWo had a great run. An amazing run. But that was from 1996 to 1998. It's not good anymore.

Would it get a pop initially? Of course it would. For about 5 minutes and then people, as CM Punk puts it, would be Cliquing their remotes when they were on.
  20. BraveHeartFan

23,906 Messages
    1,370 Likes Received

Yeah I believe he was. I believe he branched it off and started that faction of the nWo to go directly against Hogan.