1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Katherine is Coming to Galveston

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by dexternjack, Jul 4, 2014.

1. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

7,054 Messages
    2,469 Likes Received
    http://www.chron.com/hunting-fishing/article/Two-great-white-sharks-tracked-in-the-Gulf-5555868.php

A 14-ft great white is heading towards my fishing grounds along with a friend. Growing up on the coast, I never realized white sharks were anywhere near South Texas. I always knew they were around Florida at most but evidently, they are becoming more common in the Gulf. A diver friend of mine saw a 10 footer at the Flower Gardens off Freeport two weeks ago. It is scary to think I swam in those waters freely with no worries :oops:

I better grab my fishing pole and head south.........[IMG]
    RastaRocket and CowboyFan74 like this.
  2. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

13,208 Messages
    818 Likes Received
    Galveston and Great Whites... Interesting...
  3. Keifer

Keifer Active Member

287 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    I've been watching them for the last month and right now they are both hanging around West Florida. Katherine looked like she was heading toward Texas/Louisiana but after staying South of Panama City for about a week or so she turned back South.

The Ocearch.org shark tracker website is amazing, I just wish they would tag some sharks in US West coast. I would like to see how they migrate along the California coast. I know most of their activity is in the Northern California area but there are theories that they breed off Guadalupe Island in Mexico.

If you have not already check out their website. Its pretty cool. http://www.ocearch.org/#SharkTracker
  4. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

3,117 Messages
    1,335 Likes Received
    That was really cool. I have a 14' White Shark about 50 miles from the beach I go to. Rad.
  5. iceberg

iceberg detoxed...part 2 Zone Supporter

28,503 Messages
    1,495 Likes Received
    Query on sharks off the coast and the pics will amaze / frighten you
  6. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Winter is Here Staff Member

61,721 Messages
    5,100 Likes Received
    It's not shark week yet.