1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Kavner: Dez Relates To Claiborne’s Jump In Confidence This Year

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by speedkilz88, Jun 12, 2013.

1. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,649 Messages
    1,104 Likes Received
    Rowan Kavner
    DallasCowboys.com Staff Writer

[IMG]

IRVING, Texas – Dez Bryant sees in Morris Claiborne the same kind of boost in confidence he had himself after his rookie season.

Bryant, who recorded 18 more receptions, 367 more receiving yards and three more touchdowns his second year in the NFL from his rookie season, notices a similar jump for Claiborne in practice.

“His confidence level has grown a lot, kind of reminds me of myself,” Bryant said of Claiborne. “My first year, I was shaky-shaky or whatever. That next year I got more confident and I was playing a lot better. Same with him. He’s more physical. He’s more explosive. He already had the ball skills. He’s just adding things to his game that are making him better.”

read the rest
    http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/a...his-Year/0df56c60-a26a-46a0-be67-5fd83ed607a4
  2. VirusX

VirusX Active Member

1,392 Messages
    16 Likes Received
    Doesn't hurt to have a guy like Dez to go against either!

God I hate off-season. Gets that itch going again. Then the season seems so short...

Cant wait to see these guys on the field!
  3. ware1manarmy

ware1manarmy Member

77 Messages
    7 Likes Received
    I'm with ya man
  4. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

22,896 Messages
    2,144 Likes Received
    Don't look now but Dez Bryant, of all people, is sounding more and more like a vet team leader.

Gotta love it
  5. Maxmadden

Maxmadden Active Member

991 Messages
    128 Likes Received
    I have heard a few people on this board who say he is not very intelligent because he isn't the most articulate speaker. I think he is actually very intelligent if you listen to what he is saying and not how he is saying it.

I agree, he really does seem to be embracing a leadership role on and off the field. It just seems like he gets it now and if he can get anywhere close to his potential the sky is his limit.
  6. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,530 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    Amazing isn't it? They said he was dumb they said he couldn't stay out of trouble etc... But here we are 3 years later and this young man is turning into one heck of a leader on this team. He bleeds blue and works hard and has a confidence about him that's been missing from this team. I fully expect Dez to become one of the main voices on this team and not in a negative way. I think he has an even keel about him that will keep him grounded. He has a love for the game and for the Star. Go Dez this kid is exciting.
  7. coult44

coult44 Well-Known Member

1,508 Messages
    825 Likes Received
    Anyone want to take a guess at what his next contract is going to be worth??? He could be the face of this franchise for a long time...
  8. CowboyGil

CowboyGil Well-Known Member

1,126 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Saw on the news last night Dez made a couple of ridiculous catches over Mo and Mo looking all like WTH just happened? One Mo even interfered with Dez and Dez still caught it. Dez said this is the NFL. You bring your A game 24-7. Never rest on your rep.Said he's trying to tell (and show) the younger guys that.
    :bow: :bow: :bow:
  9. The Natural

The Natural Well-Known Member

4,600 Messages
    1,412 Likes Received
    Couldn't agree more
  10. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,530 Messages
    1,137 Likes Received
    That is funny showing the younger guys lol considering how young he is.
  11. Clove

Clove Shrinkage

38,695 Messages
    1,570 Likes Received
    True, and everyone has a right to be immature at some point in life, and that's not saying that he's totally mature now, but it seems as though he's simply growing up like we've all had to do. The kid is still young.
  12. calico

calico Well-Known Member

4,209 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    I'm afraid of his next contract with this team's salary situation the next few years. Stephens got his work cut out on this one.