1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Keith Olberman NBC pregame

Discussion in 'Political Zone' started by irvin88, Aug 26, 2007.

1. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Political hack that guy is. Spreading his agenda on national TV.
  2. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What exactly did he do?? Or are you just opposed to him working on that show because of his political agenda??
  3. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

27,390 Messages
    474 Likes Received
    and making people talk about him on forums all across the country.

nothing builds fame faster than hate.
  4. The30YardSlant

The30YardSlant Benched

24,279 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In a word, yes

The man was, and very likely still is, a brilliant sports anchor/commentator, however somewhere along the way his political "agenda" simply became too overwhelming for even him to control
  5. ConcordCowboy

ConcordCowboy Mr. Buckeye

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I like Olbermann and his political agenda...anyway he can spread it is fine with me.
  6. Duane

Duane Active Member

6,872 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  7. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Chuckle... so, he didn't do anything wrong on that broadcast, you just don't want him on the air...

I don't seem to recall any similar complaints from you or irvin88 when Rush Limbaugh was doing MNF, though... how very curious...

At least Olbermann had a background in sports before he took this job...

And of course, I'm quite fond of him because of his wicked broadsides at the Bush administration... but I want him to keep that out of this job, or he should be replaced...
  8. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Love Keith's rants, don't want to be treated to them on his football gig... he was by far my favorite SportsCenter anchor ever, and that was long before I knew about his political leanings... the guy was just FUNNY, in a dry way...
  9. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

19,695 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    Rush had a background in sports, just not in sports broadcasting or commentary.

I like Olbermann. I agree, he can do a good job on NBC football and hopefully he will keep his political views out of it. I bet he will because he is not a major part of the program. Of course I don't really watch the pre-game show enough to truly care. Same as when Rush was on ESPN. Didn't watch him because I just was not watching pre-game.
  10. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I doubt very seriously that they would let him go off on his rants during a sports event...but like I said before, if he did I would have no problem with it....after all he is right.:D
  11. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    For me, football oughta be an escape from politics...
  12. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    The game will be.

What he says before or after...who knows.:D

Like I said before I doubt he'll get political.
  13. dcdallaschick

dcdallaschick Member

308 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I care less about his own politics than I do about the spirit in which they're delivered. There's so much mean-spirited and hateful discourse on both sides of the aisles, who don't seem to know the difference between disagreement and even mocking of somebody's views/policies, and the vitriolic personal attacks that these people spew.

If we are forced to grudgingly accept that this is going to be the nature of political discussion in our country, I'd rather it (and the people who make their careers with it, be they Olbermann or O'Reilly or whomever) be left out of the sports arena, lest that contagion spread into what is still somewhat an enjoyable forum for debate over x's and o's (and the occasional Bengal/Pacman arrest).
  14. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,683 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Olberman is the liberal version of O'Reilly. No thanks on the smug political hate speach. He is a good sportscaster. If he can keep his political views out of it, he will be great. If he can't, he shouldn't and probably will not last long.
  15. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I couldn't care less about his political bent, but his I'm-so-much-smarter-than-you-but-try-to-comprehend-me-just-the-same-attitude is a bit offputting. I'm really not impressed and won't torture myself with his act, and he has no more business than Dennis Miller or Kornheiser in a football booth.

Dang, I feel liberated.
  16. joseephuss

joseephuss Well-Known Member

19,695 Messages
    501 Likes Received
    He is not in the booth. He is in the studio. He has a long history as a sports caster. Miller had none. I think Miller is funny, but just did not see the point of him being in the booth.
  17. ConcordCowboy

12,747 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I love how Olbermann rides Luffa man and the Bush administration.

I never get sick of it.

He's not going to be doing that before a football game...he doesn't need too he does have his own show after all for that.
  18. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Maybe I'm not put off by that because I'm as smart as he is... :D
  19. Double Trouble

Double Trouble Well-Known Member

8,461 Messages
    230 Likes Received
    Ignorant as usual......
  20. PosterChild

PosterChild New Member

2,027 Messages
    0 Likes Received

Or maybe you just have a fondness for pretentious people like olberman.