1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kelvin Martin #83

Discussion in 'History Zone' started by Parcells, Jun 16, 2005.

1. Parcells

Parcells New Member

102 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Can anyone make up a highlight video of Kelvin Martin? You know the guy never received much credit during his career here.. Only because we had Aikman Smith Irvin Novacek Moose Harper then came along Kevin Williams who took over for K-MART. if Dogo is still around and has some free time on his hands. I realy wish someone could make a Kelvin Martin video.. this man was arguably one of the best and most dangerous return guys we ever had and made some of the most clutch catches for us as well. just thought it would be nice to pay some respect to a little ole guy who actually made big differences for us.!! anyone disagree?? This man was a Classact all the way.. A+ :skins: :skins: :skins:
  2. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,808 Messages
    377 Likes Received
    I think K-Mart was underappreciated. But he was a good WR. Led the team in receptions in 89 and was Troy and Steve "Whatshisfacce"'s outlet receiver.

Very unselfish and went across the middle often ... even though he was quite smallish.

I liked him. Wish they gave him more recognition.
  3. ravidubey

ravidubey Active Member

4,864 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    Can anyone forget his punt return vs. Philly or his touchdown in the 1992 NFC Championship Game in the exact same endzone where Clark had made his catch 11 years earlier?
  4. Coakleys Dad

Coakleys Dad The Re-Birth has begun.

4,835 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    kelvin martin, old school! I'd def like to see some old school highlights of him!
  5. Parcells

Parcells New Member

102 Messages
    0 Likes Received

I cant forget because my whole life I had to live with the Catch.. So in retrospect Martin turned the tables for us to score with the amount of time left from the same Yard line the 11 I think? and the same down as when Montana hit that no good for nothing Clark in the back of the endzone.. I swear I can still see my dad throwing the ashtray threw the brand new sony T.V. we had just bought back then!!I cant forget!! but yea Martin Had some clutch catches and his punt returns were electrifying!!
  6. JackMagist

JackMagist The Great Communicator

5,726 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Martin was a true professional as well. Michael Irvin once credited Martin with teaching him a lot about being a Pro and about the WR position when Irvin came into the league. I forget how long Martin had been around but it was like two or three years at the time.
  7. Juke99

Juke99 ...Abbey someone

22,271 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Kelvin Martin's TD punt return vs the Eagles was the beginning of the dynasty.

:)
  8. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    K-Mart also had an awesome catch and run for a TD in the 1992 regular season game at home vs Philly...ran right into the endzone where we were sitting...the famous "Kroger takes Phily Cream Cheese off the market" weekend...they literally pulled it all off for that weekend

we kicked the crap out of philly that day

David
  9. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    That and the Blocked punt to open up the season on MNF against the Skins the year after they won the SB. When 22 ran for that long TD I took off running outside and made laps around my house I was so pumped up!!!!
  10. Parcells

Parcells New Member

102 Messages
    0 Likes Received

anyone seen Dogo???????? i havent seen a post from him in a very long time.... DOGO COME BACK!!!!
  11. bsheeern

bsheeern Well-Known Member

1,760 Messages
    52 Likes Received
    Who....What?
  12. KDWilliams85

KDWilliams85 New Member

713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Could someone make a similiar video of Kevin Williams? He's kinda my idol. I wore his number when I played football and we both have the same first and last name.
  13. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    Aside from the return against Miami in the Sleet Bowl, you would have what...three four highlights? ;)
  14. KDWilliams85

KDWilliams85 New Member

713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He's made the highlight reel. Doesn't that count for something?
  15. Alexander

Alexander What's it going to be then, eh?

24,619 Messages
    4,891 Likes Received
    Sure. That was a great return in that game, I really like the slide at the end, it was a classic moment (anyone have a picture?).

It was just you were talking about someone making a highlight video with just K.W. I think K-Mart had more big plays and you could possibly pull that off. Good luck with Kevin, unfortunately.

I liked him too, and I do wonder why it just never really worked out for him elsewhere.
  16. hipfake08

hipfake08 Well-Known Member

4,283 Messages
    64 Likes Received
    Ahhhhhh... In my best Conehead voice over...

Memories.......

:iggles: :iggles: :iggles:
  17. Mr Cowboy

Mr Cowboy Well-Known Member

8,553 Messages
    806 Likes Received
    KMart was a ggreat player for us no doubt......but didn't he get arrested when he was a coach at No. Texas for indecency or something like that?
  18. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Do it for the Vine! Staff Member

66,057 Messages
    5,560 Likes Received
    I was waiting on somebody to bring that up. Didn't want to pee on everybody's luv fest. He was still a good player, though...

Here's a blurb:

19. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received

He's still here but under a different name. He's JDSmith now.
  20. Parcells

Parcells New Member

102 Messages
    0 Likes Received

thanks Yeager,

i didnt want to hear that about Kelvin Martin getting arrested kinda just kills the liking i have in him.. but never the less it would be awesome to make a highlight video of him just for all the great plays he made for us.. It was always the feeling that he could bust one right up the middle every time he was returning and whenever he caught a pass it was like for 8 yards and he would get pounded but after it was all said and done K-MART had my respect!!! and still he made great plays!
    :skins: :skins: