1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kentucky's Randall Cobb entering 2011

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Doomsday101, Jan 21, 2011.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,281 Messages
    3,022 Likes Received
    According to Lexington Herald-Leader Kentucky beat writer Chip Cosby, Wildcats mult-threat Randall Cobb is entering the 2011 NFL Draft. He's holding a press conference at 1 p.m. to announce his decision.

Cobb represents perhaps the best do-everything player in this year's draft. He's lined up at running back, wide receiver and quarterback and handled kick and punt return duties.

I have seen this kid many time reminds me of a Percey Harvin, Dexter McCluster type player. He has primarly lines up at WR but will also line up as a RB from time to time. Most expect him to go 3rd to 4th rd of the draft.
  2. AmishCowboy

AmishCowboy if you ain't first, you're last

4,347 Messages
    43 Likes Received
    I know we have other needs, but I would love us to grab him in the 3rd.
  3. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

7,838 Messages
    804 Likes Received
    I'd love to pick him up. Would add alot to the team...And would appease me after missing out on mccluster last year
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

77,281 Messages
    3,022 Likes Received
    I would love to get him as well mid draft and I don't think it is out of the question that Dallas will draft guys in that portion of the draft that would not necessarily be looked at as a major need but could add another dimension to the offense. Now if by some Chance RW is not with us then a guy like Cobb then could be looked at as a need. He 5'11 with very good speed and is a classic slot WR but also has the ability to line up in the back field. I saw vs Auburn this past season and he accounted for 4 TD's on the game including a pass he threw for a TD
  5. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
  6. CanuckCowboysFan

CanuckCowboysFan Benched

2,023 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Pet cat of mine.

Great slot guy, and he can even play a little RB if we let go of Choice. So versatile. Think Harvin but not as fast. I can see him putting up a 500 yards receiving - 300 rushing yards type. season his rookie year. Not to mention return yardage.

If you want the best pure slot receiver though, Jerrel Jernigan is your dude.
  7. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,103 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    thats why the cowboys are looking at guys like the rb green kid from hawaii

i just imagine that the cowboys will strongly look at cobb too