1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kevin Burnett and Justin Beriault

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Jubei, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Jubei

Jubei New Member

92 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What do you guys see happening with Kevin Burnett and Justin Beriault this season ? Do any of you think they can start in our D ?
  2. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,022 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    Burnet can ..... if he stays healthy

I see Justin as our Bill Bates of this generation.
  3. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,178 Messages
    155 Likes Received
    If healthy, I would not count either of them out!
  4. BigDFan5

BigDFan5 In Tebow I Trust

14,912 Messages
    25 Likes Received
    Both backups and special teamers
  5. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Beriault has a cronic knee issue...I think he's gone.

Coleman/Watkins at FS
    Roy/Davis at SS

Burnett will be fine when he heals...he has big time talent, just needs to get healthy. They will figure out how to get him on the field.
  6. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,491 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    Burnett won't start but will be a very solid backup..

Beriault is most likely gone, although I hope I am wrong.. Im hoping that he makes it to the practice squad and doesnt get picked up by anyone..
  7. EMMITTnROY

EMMITTnROY Well-Known Member

2,491 Messages
    98 Likes Received
    my thoughts exactly, you just wrote them differently than i did
  8. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,998 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    If this were true we would have simply made an injury settlement with him last year instead of placing him on IR.
  9. DawnOfANewD

DawnOfANewD New Member

674 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Beriault backing up SS and Burnett backing up Ware.
  10. AtlCB

AtlCB Active Member

3,684 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    With four safeties almost a lock to make the team (Williams, Coleman, Watkins, and Davis), Beriault's chances are slim. If healthy, Burnett will battle Ayodele for one of the starting ILB spots. I expect him to be a solid backup at ILB this season.
  11. Portland Fanatic

Portland Fanatic Active Member

4,459 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I just heard that Mickey said that a few weeks back...I can't prove or deny. If he's healthy then great...let him compete with Davis as back up SS. We all know Davis is not going anywhere after resigning him...
  12. theogt

43,998 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    Yeah, I agree there. Berry-O looks like PS material to me.
  13. zrinkill

zrinkill Diamond surrounded by trash

33,022 Messages
    740 Likes Received
    We could always trade Davis too New Orleans ...... we gave him the same contract they agreed too.
  14. jbsg02

jbsg02 Active Member

1,719 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    beriault really showed a lot before he had surgery. i really hope we don't write him off yet. heck if jacon rogers got a 2nd shot then beriault should get one
  15. theogt

43,998 Messages
    1,090 Likes Received
    Davis for Bush straight up?
  16. Cbz40

Cbz40 The Grand Poobah

31,365 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    If Kevin Burnett and Justin Beriault did not have a chance to make this team..I doubt they would still be on the roster.

Things could change but I give both theses players a better than average shot at making this team.
  17. VTEXPRESS

VTEXPRESS New Member

33 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You can't trade a player if you just match an offer sheet they signed.
  18. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,522 Messages
    460 Likes Received
    Burnett will be a solid backup if he can get healthy. He'll no doubt be on the squad. Berriault must have an impressive camp to force Parcells to keep an extra S.
  19. TheEnigma

TheEnigma Anomaly

937 Messages
    39 Likes Received
    Wouldn't do it. Bush would never see the field over Julius and Marion. He doesn't play special teams either. You could argue he'd make a good slot reciever but we're going to a 2 TE formation.

Davis on the other hand is a special teams demon. He's irreplaceable.

:)
  20. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,200 Messages
    1,240 Likes Received
    Burnett is almost assured to make the team barring injury or him doing something really stupid. I see him as like Bradie James in his second year, getting some playing time and being mainly there for special teams. If I had to gamble, I'd say he'll get time in the possible pass defense packages since Ayodele isn't really known for pass coverage.

Beriault may have some problems with his knee. I think it was Galloway who said he can't keep his knee healthy, but I don't think that was actually confirmed.

I wouldn't count on Marcus Coleman making the roster. Sure, he's a veteran and a Parcells former pick, but he hasn't been very good in coverage the last two years, is old (say what you will, but Parcells has been willing to gamble on young players over old players lately) and they only signed him to a 1 year deal.

If Beriault's knee is okay and he makes plays like he did in last preseason, I could see him easily as a backup. But, I'm really hoping Pat Watkins tears it up so they can have a true FS alongside Roy Williams.

Rich.........