1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Kevin Kowalski ready to return

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by rocboy22, Nov 2, 2012.

1. rocboy22

rocboy22 Active Member

1,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    IRVING, Texas – The Cowboys will activate guard/center Kevin Kowalski off the physically unable to perform list on Tuesday and will have a three-week window in which to call him up to the active roster or hold him out for the season.

“Fortunately being on PUP I’ve been able to sit in the meetings all year long, so I’ve stayed engaged in that aspect of knowing what’s going on and understanding both positions,” Kowalski said.

Phil Costa is expected to miss at least three more weeks if not more with a severe ankle injury. With Ryan Cook as the starting center the Cowboys have dressed David Arkin as the backup but he has yet to play a snap.

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys/post/_/id/4700648/cowboys-to-call-up-kevin-kowalski

wonder what he can do at this point?
  2. MichaelWinicki

MichaelWinicki "You want some?" Staff Member

32,687 Messages
    3,193 Likes Received
    Not looking for much contribution from the kid the rest of the season.
  3. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,997 Messages
    7,742 Likes Received
    Anyone remember where the tendonitis was? That's an injury that can make it hard to workout with. If he's back, and he's back strong, I'm thrilled to have him in the lineup.
  4. Diogenes

Diogenes Active Member

1,200 Messages
    13 Likes Received

His ankle. Fairly uncommon and very painful and a tough rehab from what I understand.
  5. jnday

jnday Well-Known Member

6,275 Messages
    1,274 Likes Received
    I thought he was much better than Costa in his limited playing time last year and I had a little hope for him. I have read reports that he has lost a good bit of weight. If so, he won't be any help this year. He was a little small to before the injury.
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,858 Messages
    1,698 Likes Received
    yeah he was only 300-305 at his top weight; so he really could not afford to lose much and not get bull rushed
  7. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,612 Messages
    1,030 Likes Received
    Costa looked like a very different player in his work this year - actually starting around game 10 of last year or so he was much better.

Kowalski did look good in his playing time but he was just so skinny -- and what I've read is that he wasn't able to focus on putting on weight b/c of his ankle. So he's likely a bit light and weak to play right now.

Of course, he may well be better than Arkin still