1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Key on ESPN Radio 103.3

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by k19, Jun 15, 2005.

1. k19

k19 Active Member

2,958 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    New book comming out. Mental toughness, workout related things, motivational type stuff.

Scholarships and charities giving back is right up his alley

Public Perception? More people that like me then dislike me. Not worried about what people think

How do you feel about the comming season? Very positive outlook and on the moves that were made. Feels like they closed the gap and have an opportunity to compete. Opportunity to win playoff game this year

How will you benefit from Drew? Drew throws decent ball, Glenn back, younger guys stepping up. Julius back for whole season

Hoe are you doing after the surgery? Recovered from surgery 100%, looking for new contract, TO joke. Ready to go

Is TO doing the right thing? Doesnt see problen with wanting more money. No one knows where he's at economically. Doesnt see anything wrong with asking them to relook at the contract situation.

Do you feel like you had a good season. I've done fine. Only one guy with more catches that came out with me is Marvin HArrison he doesnt have a ring doesnt know what the SB feels like. Stats will get better next season with Terry back and a running game. Wont have to hold the team on his shoulders. Opened up opportunities for Whitten by taking alot of the focus
  2. Hostile

Hostile Tacos are a good investment Zone Supporter

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    Every now and then I remember why I am not a Key fan. That last paragraph was a good reminder.
  3. LaTunaNostra

LaTunaNostra He Made the Difference

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Gee, TH, what was in that paragraph you don't like or that wasn't true?

K19, thanks for the summary!

I just ordered Key's new book at Amazon.com

[IMG]
  4. Aikmaniac

Aikmaniac Well-Known Member

4,185 Messages
    176 Likes Received
    yep, I bet you could hear me slapping my forehead from Tampa.
  5. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

67,137 Messages
    6,917 Likes Received
    I didn't have a problem with it either Latuna.

Since this was a recap, there's no way to know how it was said and in what context. But then I like Key. Arrogance and all. So I don't get too bothered by what he says.
  6. Tio

Tio Armchair QB

5,117 Messages
    10 Likes Received
    What a maroon.
  7. k19

k19 Active Member

2,958 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    Send it my way when you are done :D Ya know how big of a fan I am :cool:

I dont know why people are going to get a piissy over what he said. He tells it like it is and doesnt just give the company line. He has a PASSION for the game and isnt afraid to show that. If people did some research into his background and community work I'd bet alot of people would have a different opinion of the man.
  8. LaTunaNostra

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I love his 'tude. That 'tude and the fact he does more for the community than ANY player I have ever observed. That LA south central redevelopment project is the stuff major developers/entrepreneurs/philanthropists manage to pull off...but not football players, especially one who is not yet retired. It's unbelievble what this man can get done - the folks he got on board for it..

It gripes me Terrel Owens gets all this praise for his quick comeback last year and making it to the SB when so many medical experts said he could not.

Key might not have suffered as serious an injury, but he was playing in pain, playing hurt AND playing injured for much of the season. He took some tremendous hits last year...recall the one he was upended and somersaulted?

He never gives up, despite the record. After Terry got hurt he took it all on his shoulders, as he said. He carried that offense till JJ got back and did open things up for Jason.

He did everything Tuna said he would do and more. Perhaps because it was done in a losing effort, or perhaps because he's a workhorse whom people expect it of, he doesn't get the credit others do.

But we appreciate him, right, WG? ;)
  9. Hostile

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    Balance what he said against the Crayton article. I get tired of hearing how he is a star and his fellow WRs are flashlights. I don't care if it is true or not. It just comes across as self centered when I want a team player.
  10. LaTunaNostra

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    But he's a "retread"..not a "real" Cowboy. :rolleyes:

Even tho free agency has been in existance for a decade or more, and the system now runs off the rapid change in the labor pool..even tho relatively few players on a roster were drafted by that team, especially by year five..and even tho even a player the status of Emmitt Smith found himself wearing two different uniforms in his career...

Key still ain't a "real" Cowboy.

But the "real" NFL is now about player movement..I think all you can expect or even hope for is when the guy wears your team's uni, he gives it his ALL.

That Mr. Johnson is certainly doing.
  11. WoodysGirl

67,137 Messages
    6,917 Likes Received
    Yes Ms Latuna, we sure do... :clap:

And I remember that hit vividly. Along w/the catch where his helmet was pulled off and he was still fighting for yards.

Key was a very good pickup for this team and if he'd been drafted by us originally (ala Irvin w/mouth and all), we'd be singing his praises about how that's just Key.
  12. LaTunaNostra

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    He has been, from Day One here, so incredibly backstage when it come to Terry Glenn..trust me TH, I read it all with a magnifying glass. He flat out said last year he knew his role was to open things up for TG.

He has made many statements, and apparently chimed in today with something else about how Terry's return would change things. He has taken second fiddle role publically. And for a guy who's often hurt.

I was fearful that WO rivalry that reared its ugly head in NY, but which Bill allowed and even encouraged to get the best of both players, would show itself here. But in the Cleveland game that 'dumb' penalty showed what Key is about..protecting his team mates on the field, always.

He is the consummate team player on the field - where it counts. Has always been, even with Chrebet.

Last year when AB got all bent out of shape, and threw the jersey in Tuna's face, who was it stuck up for him?

KEY.

And I don't see where saying he opened things up for Jason is wrong. He did, and he should have. From what I've read, he has been very complementary on JW, not at all competitive.
  13. Hostile

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    Yeah, he's a saint and I'm abrasive.

Thump your chest some more Key.

Look I know he does what it takes to help a team win but does he need to let everyone know he requires pats on the back for it? Moose Johnston did all the dirty work. I never heard him spouting about it.

I tire of that stuff LTN. It is why I have never been a fan of his and probably never will be. You mentioned the stuff with AB but what about Brownsugar's info that he and Q got into it? Conveniently forgotten? He can disrupt as much as play the team role. Always has.

It always leaves me wondering when the next tirade is immenent.
  14. LaTunaNostra

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    In retrospect, Key may have had a clue about Q some of us didn't have.

That rumour shines a positive light on Key, imo. ;)

It comes down to personality and style, and we're not all going to march to the same drummer. Specially when the infamous prima donnas of the league, the dreaded enfant terrible wide receivers are concerned.

You and Key are "abrasive". Moose Johnson and I are sweet-natured, humble and self-effacing.

But we're all good people. :)
  15. Hostile

119,053 Messages
    2,972 Likes Received
    Not syaing he's a bad person. Just find it nauseating that all Dallas' offensive success is because he does so much. Like no one else is out their busting their butts.
  16. k19

k19 Active Member

2,958 Messages
    3 Likes Received
  17. Sportsbabe

Sportsbabe Well-Known Member

6,165 Messages
    1,417 Likes Received
    Me too. Especially since I saw him on Jimmy Kimmel last year wearing that blue suit. He's really pleasing to my eye. He's giving the playmaker a run for his money in a sports babe world (but I digress ;) )
  18. LaTunaNostra

14,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LOL

We know your kind of guy, Sportsbabe. :eek::

I am pleased Key, while no "Playmaker", at least measures as far as Mike's shoelaces.

And that WG, a Woody aficionado, has taken to Key is even more delightful.

Brown Sugar must be more discriminating than the rest of us tho.

As I recall, she couldn't stand the guy. LOL
  19. Chocolate Lab

Chocolate Lab Run-loving Dino

33,928 Messages
    2,890 Likes Received
    Exactly.

Every time I hear Keyshawn, I think of the saying, "If you could buy that guy for what he's worth and sell him for what he thinks he's worth, you'd be a millionaire." ;)
  20. WoodysGirl

67,137 Messages
    6,917 Likes Received
    Key is one of those who can REALLY wear a suit. One of those cases, where the clothes definitely makes the man.

He's still no Woody... :D

The man looks good in warm-ups...

[IMG]

and a suit....

[IMG]