1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

key witness drug case against Packers DE Johnny Jolly is a two-time felon and curren

Discussion in 'NFL Zone' started by cowboyjoe, Jun 5, 2010.

1. cowboyjoe

cowboyjoe Well-Known Member

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Johnny Jolly, Jr-DL- Packers Jun. 5 - 9:58 am et

I posted this here because we play the packers this year again in green bay, sounds like jolly will get off now, you read and see what you think.

The key witness in the felony drug case against Packers DE Johnny Jolly is a two-time felon and currently serving a 10-year sentence.

We're not attorneys, but we've got to believe that any decent team of lawyers can rip this witness' testimony to shreds. Herman Betancourt, 36, is imprisoned for possessing 400+ grams of codeine. He was originally charged with attempt to distribute within 1,000 feet of a school. Betancourt's first felony was for conspiracy to possess with intent to distribute marijuana.
    Source: Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel
  2. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,859 Messages
    1,238 Likes Received
    Witnesses in those types of cases are typically other criminals.
  3. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    oh ok, but i thought like they said, the defense attorney could rip his words in two, but thanks for the insight
  4. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    What, you're surprised that the witnesses in a felony drug case are drug dealers?? Who did you expect to be testifying against Jolly, his minister?? :D
  5. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Oh, they'll certainly try, Joe, and given that Jolly is a celebrity, it might even work... juries tend to want to go soft on celebrities, it seems... so if the case rests entirely on the testimony of the scumbag drug dealer, he'll probably walk... but somehow, I don't think the state would have brought the case to trial if that's all they had...

Mind you, I know absolutely nothing about the specifics of this case, so I'm just speculating here...
  6. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    never honestly thought about it, thought it would be a police officer undercover like in a drug bust or whatever you call a polliceman undercover in drug busts, but your probably right, just never thought about it; but yes, i was surprised,

im pretty naive about some things,

in my earlier days, boy, did i get hooked on some scams by people

i still to this day sometimes, when someone walks up to be, saying car out of gas, need some money etc, i will give them some, or i see someone that looks starved or hungry, i will buy them some food etc...

but one guy told me that, and then laughed after i gave him a $5, boy, did i get mad, got onto him too and told him God was gonna judge him bigtime for lying

i guess what i should have done was tell the store manager about him whatever you call it, and then let police deal with him;

but sometimes you know u just gotta help people you think needs help, even if yourself your low on money, thats who i am
  7. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    yeah thats what bugs me about it silverbear, he might get off on a techanality and get to play for the packers and make a big play against us this year in green bay, just bugs me to no end, if he does get off and gets to play :bang2: but yeah your right, the DA probably has more evidence against him, i know your suppose to forgive u know and i generally do with people, but when it comes to dallas cowboys and someone that shouldnt play and gets to play against us like the williams boys in minnesotta, just gets to me,
  8. cowboyjoe

28,104 Messages
    90 Likes Received
    Johnny Jolly, Jr-DL- Packers Jun. 7 - 10:45 am et

Packers DE Johnny Jolly's felony drug case has been reset to July 30.

That's the same day the players are expected to report for training camp. The case has been pushed back a multitude of times after Jolly was originally indicted way back in October of 2008.
    Source: Greg Bedard on Twitter
  9. Jon88

Jon88 Benched

7,665 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Johnny Jolly