1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Keyshawn coming back?

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by MarionBarberThe4th, Mar 18, 2006.

1. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,844 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    Apparently hes not getting the offers he thought he would, any chance he comes back for a 2 year 5-7 mil deal?

I actually think he would be the best thing for Owens, almost like a big brother.
    HEes said he doesnt care how mant catches he gets, jsut wins, and I think were going to get wins with him, Owens, Witt, Glenn, Crayton ect.
  2. bbgun

bbgun Benched

27,870 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Nope. Key has been dumped for the younger trophy wife.
  3. jackrussell

jackrussell Last of the Duke Street Kings

4,162 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's a perfect time to draft a WR.
  4. GTaylor

GTaylor Gif Dude

1,849 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Where would Keyshawn fit? He doesn't have the speed to be a #2 guy, can't see him accept the #3 role. Plus I've heard he doesn't like T.O.

But imagine the receiver combo if he did resign here
  5. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,355 Messages
    3,646 Likes Received
    The guys on the ticket just said Key could return in June if no one signs him.
  6. MarionBarberThe4th

11,844 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    I have no idea if he likes TO or not, I did see a small clip of them joking before a game, but that doesnt necessarily mean their friends
  7. thewivil

thewivil Member

737 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If he'd be willing to come in on third-down situations and accept a lesser role, I think he could have a future in Dallas.
  8. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

9,989 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    Agreed. I'd rather give Key's spot to a rookie now to develop.
  9. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

49,355 Messages
    3,646 Likes Received
    This is the worst year to draft a WR. Worst WR corp in 3 years. There is some value into the 3rd round. But overall you need to get lucky if you want to go WR.
  10. Cajuncowboy

Cajuncowboy Preacher From The Black Lagoon

27,476 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    As much as I liked Key, it would hinder the progress of Crayton, who I think will be an excellent wr for us. TO is 34 and Glenn is 32. That ain't Spring chicken age. And yes, I agree, now would be a perfect time to draft a wr. Give me Holmes, Glenn, TO, Crayton and Copper. I like that alot.
  11. MarionBarberThe4th

11,844 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    I like Santonio Holmes, hes a playmaker.
    I dont like Chad Jackson, he scares me, and is overrated right now

I think we can hold out one more year and make a big run for dwayne jarret next year
  12. MarionBarberThe4th

11,844 Messages
    70 Likes Received
    That is true, but Ownes isnt your average 32 year old, the guy takes care of his body, if he changes his demeanor, he could play out the 3 year contract as a legit #1, with crayton and whatever draft picks as the 2's and 3's
  13. wileedog

9,989 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    Yeah, sucks that the draft didn't line up right for us. But from a timing standpoint and who's likely to be here 2 or 3 years from now when whomever we pick starts hitting his stride, now is it.
  14. Zippy Speedster

Zippy Speedster New Member

346 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    At this point lets just draft one or trade for Walker. Somewhere along this road we do need to start getting younger at that position. Plus I believe there is more to this story then meets the eye--we aren't being told everything about the Keyshawn cutting.
  15. IndianaCowboyFan

IndianaCowboyFan The Bullet

852 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Ted Ginn would be a nice addition next year also. I think we finish the defense this year and then tackle the offense heavy next year.
  16. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,439 Messages
    101 Likes Received
    Jarret YES, or Calvin Johnson
    Some very good WRs next year, some who'll be #1s. I don't see any #1's in this draft.
  17. DeepBleu

DeepBleu Member

527 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i like to see keyshawn coming back, but he ain't t.o.'s big brother. if anything, he'll say he's too heavy, his is not my brother.
  18. Future

Future Intramural Legend

15,919 Messages
    1,304 Likes Received
    i would feel much more comfortable having Key making catches on 3rd and 5 than crayton. without him, teams no that the ball is going to go to TO in this situationn and key on him. plus he has better hands than TO
  19. wileedog

9,989 Messages
    677 Likes Received
    Meh, that's what we have Witten for.

If Fabini or an improved Pettiti don't need as much help, we can get him out into patterns more. And with all the attention being paid to TO he will most likely be singled up with a LBer.

I'll take that matchup with just about any LBer in league.
  20. KD

KD Active Member

2,087 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I'll take an up and coming Crayton over a winding down, 34 year old, career possession WR.