1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

khaled holmes - Please draft this guy

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CATCH17, Sep 20, 2012.

1. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,843 Messages
    2,046 Likes Received
    I have him as the best center so far.

[IMG]
  2. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,544 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    So does draft scout. You saw what happened to USC when he didnt play last weekend. Here are the top 5 centers from draft scout where they have Holmes currently as a mid second. Dont forget Jones Alabama and Frederick Wisconsin can play center too.

53 Khaled Holmes C 1 Southern California rSr 6-3 305 2
    124 Graham Pocic C 2 Illinois rSr 6-5 310 3-4
    140 Braxston Cave C 3 Notre Dame rSr 6-3 305 4-5
    174 T.J. Johnson C 4 South Carolina rSr 6-5 318 5-6
    190 Dalton Freeman C 5 Clemson rSr 6-4 286 6
  3. CATCH17

CATCH17 1st Round Pick

27,843 Messages
    2,046 Likes Received
    I like those 2 guys but I don't feel they are as natural at center as this guy.

Jones and Frederick both look like they would be better guards.

I've never seen an Oline just fall apart like that with the loss of 1 guy. They were lost without him.
  4. MoClaiborne24

MoClaiborne24 Member

456 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    This guy is going to be beast. Holmes is USC's offensive line. Like you said they were completely lost and dysfunctional without him.

1st Round:
    Khaled Holmes (if there)

2nd Round:
    a) DL
    b) OLB
  5. kirkjrk

kirkjrk Active Member

905 Messages
    38 Likes Received
    Jones and Frederick would be my first choices in the order I listed.We could pick Jones in the first round then OLB second round. Another option would be OLB in first round then Frederick or Holmes in the second. If we were unable to get these last two in the second round, in my opinion, there would be no other center worth drafting. It's early so another Center may surface during the season.

Before Holmes was injured he was blown up on a few plays in the first or second game. Gave up a sack, missed a block to free RB and he was stuffed,etc.

If it was me I would do everythingy to get Jones. He's not a mauler and he's not super athletic nor is he the strongest but he just gets the ijob done time and time again at any Oline position. He's would certainly give the Oline coach many options. Top of the RKG chain.
  6. supercowboy8

supercowboy8 Well-Known Member

5,416 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    You don't plan for one player or one position, you go now per need. What if there is a great OG, NT , or, safety in the first and or second. I wouldn't reach for a center and pass on better players that could still help. If Holmes is the bpa per need in April then I'm all for it. But there is still a lot of football left and a lot of pre draft stuff before late April NFL draft
  7. cowboyzz11

cowboyzz11 Benched

74 Messages
    0 Likes Received

well I go nt first pick

Jesse Williams, DT, Alabama
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 320.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.35.

but we will end up going pass rusher
  8. TheFinisher

TheFinisher Well-Known Member

2,479 Messages
    645 Likes Received
    dude was just overwhelmed by Lotulelei this past week, granted Star is a top-5 talent.

[youtube]co-NvKnZzvw[/youtube]
  9. RS12

RS12 Well-Known Member

14,544 Messages
    1,413 Likes Received
    Holmes still has a bad foot/ankle. Also as the game wore on Lotulelei wasnt as much of a factor. Holmes is a huge upgrade over anything on the Cowboy roster.
  10. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,967 Messages
    5,346 Likes Received

Lotulelei made a couple of great plays, but overall Holmes won way more snaps than he lost.
  11. supercowboy8

5,416 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    I might take him in the 3rd or 4th and he might be the best center but that doesn't mean he will be good in the nfl. Barrett Jones is better IMO.

Holmes got owned last game vs Utah.

I'm not for reaching for players. There are better OGs available you draft them.
  12. supercowboy8

5,416 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    No you need to watch that game again. Lotulelei, who I think is ober rated bexause he flashes and then disappears, which is what he did vs USC. But after he flashed he was getting doubled and chipped and Holmes showed he couldnt handle him one on one.

I haven't seen alot of USE games but the ones I have seen Holmes hasnt looked good.

He might be the best but that just means Cook is better.
  13. supercowboy8

5,416 Messages
    333 Likes Received
    He might be, we have a while to see how he does, but I would rather get one of theae real good OGs than to draft Holmes. My opinion might change between now and april. But I uave 5 OGs I would rather take before Holmes.
  14. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

12,967 Messages
    5,346 Likes Received
    Combo Blocks
    SL had minimal impact anytime Holmes was Combo blocking him.

One-on-One
    Holmes had a one-on-one block against SL approximately 17 times. I have him losing 2 of the 17 as follows:

Holmes loss #1

24: Holmes snaps the ball early and the QB is not ready for it. SL drives Holmes back into the QB.

Announcers incorrectly blame Holmes for the missed block on SL.
    58: SL is lined up slightly to Holmes right. Holmes blocks the player to his left. The LG pulls to the right and misses the block on SL. The announcers proclaim that Holmes just missed the block. Also the RG, RT and TE all block the 1 player that is lined up between the RG and RT.

Holmes loss #2
    1:32: Holmes can’t maintain his block on SL on a stretch run play. The RB runs directly into SL.