News: Kiffin: Cowboys have 'quality pieces in place' to get job done

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 14, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Need A Win...By any means necessary Staff Member

70,897 Messages
    12,866 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Here is a statement from Kiffin, as provided by the Cowboys:

“I’m very excited about returning to the NFL and being with the Dallas Cowboys.

“I came away from the interview process with Jason with a feeling that Dallas is the right place to be. He has this team headed in the right direction. They’re close, and I am confident that there are quality pieces in place for us to be able to get the job done.”

Here is Garrett’s statement, as provided by the Cowboys:

“Monte Kiffin’s level of experience and track record of success as an NFL defensive coordinator are unmatched, and I am really looking forward to the contributions that he will make to our coaching staff and our football team. He has produced NFL defensive units that have consistently performed at a high level in a scheme that has stood the test of time.

“I know Monte from spending time together with him with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and had a chance to see him coach up close on a day-to-day basis. His ability to teach everything – from the smallest fundamental details to the big picture of the overall defensive scheme – was always very impressive to me.”

Read more here:
  2. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,590 Messages
    150 Likes Received
    Whether this was his hire or not, it seems Garrett was vey involved.