1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Kiffin: Cowboys have 'quality pieces in place' to get job done

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by WoodysGirl, Jan 14, 2013.

1. WoodysGirl

WoodysGirl Shut up and play! Staff Member

66,710 Messages
    6,474 Likes Received
    -- Carlos Mendez

Here is a statement from Kiffin, as provided by the Cowboys:

“I’m very excited about returning to the NFL and being with the Dallas Cowboys.

“I came away from the interview process with Jason with a feeling that Dallas is the right place to be. He has this team headed in the right direction. They’re close, and I am confident that there are quality pieces in place for us to be able to get the job done.”

Here is Garrett’s statement, as provided by the Cowboys:

“Monte Kiffin’s level of experience and track record of success as an NFL defensive coordinator are unmatched, and I am really looking forward to the contributions that he will make to our coaching staff and our football team. He has produced NFL defensive units that have consistently performed at a high level in a scheme that has stood the test of time.

“I know Monte from spending time together with him with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and had a chance to see him coach up close on a day-to-day basis. His ability to teach everything – from the smallest fundamental details to the big picture of the overall defensive scheme – was always very impressive to me.”

Read more here: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...-quality-pieces-in-place-to-get-job-done.html
  2. Iago33

Iago33 Well-Known Member

1,451 Messages
    55 Likes Received
    Whether this was his hire or not, it seems Garrett was vey involved.