1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Kiffin hire panned by scouts and execs

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by RS12, Jan 18, 2013.

1. iceberg

iceberg detoxed Zone Supporter

28,179 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    stop cherry picking, dude. it's getting highly annoying.

what troy actually said: (and i never read "not in a good way" - this is your interpretation you're trying to sell off as fact)

“Really surprised with that,” Aikman said on WFAN-AM 660 in New York. “There, for many, many years, it had to be 3-4. That’s what they were about. And now, to bring in Monte Kiffin and go completely opposite, back to a 4-3 scheme. I think it’s interesting that they’re doing that in and of itself.”

Although Aikman sounded perplexed by the move, he was confident that DeMarcus Ware would continue to be productive as a defensive end in the new scheme.

“He’s going to excel no matter where he is, so I don’t worry so much about him,” Aikman said. “Just overall, and the way that they built this thing and then just to have a dramatic shift. And I don’t know that they’re done. I’m not sure that the changes are over yet.”

wow. how will we ever recover from such a scalding beatdown?????

curious to see what they end up doing.
    suggesting it could take 2 years to make the full switch. WOW. ANOTHER CRUSHING BLOW TO THE EFFORT!!!!

and kiffin has already said it would not be the tampa 2 as you know it. so stop the silly comparisons there, will you? (you won't, i know. but i have a dream)

not even gonna look this up. RANT sports? some nobody throwing crap on a wall? please.

not even gonna deal with the rest of the crap cause that's just you doing your stretch armstrong approach to support a swiss cheese agenda.

any REAL evidence to provide the pros are panning this?

didn't think so.
  2. xwalker

xwalker Well-Known Member

11,766 Messages
    4,319 Likes Received
    Here are screenshots of the 2012 Cowboys in their "3-4"

and

the 2012 Seahawks in their Kiffin inspired "4-3":

Note that Seahawks #91 is DE Chris Clemons.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  3. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,949 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    Ware has amazing strength as well. He uses his long arms extremely well. I could show plenty of YouTube clips of him bullrushing O-Linemen and just killing them.

One of my favorites, that I think I've only seen, but if you have video of the game I can point to when it happened was in the first game against the Redskins in the 2006 season. Ware, with ONE arm, heaves Chris Samuels 5 yards, flat on his back.

4-3 teams line up their DE's out wide all of the time. When the G-Men played us and we had Corey Proctor at Left Guard, they would line up Umenyiora well out wide and that would not allow Flozell to help Proctor out. And it left Proctor 1-on-1 with their DT who Proctor couldn't handle.

Everything I've read about the team not fitting in the 4-3 tends to come from guys that I question if they've watched the team because they don't know who Bruce Carter, Sean Lee or Jason Hatcher are.

Plus, Sims fits in the 4-3 and Albright is a prototypical SAM backer.

YR
  4. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

76,163 Messages
    2,298 Likes Received
    He is not playing the game and age has nothing to do with it. Dick LeBeau is older than Kiffin and he still puts a very good defensive unit on the field.

Maybe if younger players listened instead of running their mouth they may learn something from someone knows more about the game than they could ever dream.

It is notthing like giving a contract to a 47 year old QB because the coach does not play the game. Get a clue
  5. iceberg

28,179 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    most people saying "too old" i'd bet never knew his name until recently.

anyh port in a storm.
  6. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,704 Messages
    527 Likes Received
    Really? Dallas played the Tampa 2 10-11 years ago? Jerry made Zimmer copy it then after they got to the SB with it.
  7. iceberg

28,179 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    and what does this have to do with most panning his age never hearing of him before recently?

i said "many" - not all.
  8. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

11,949 Messages
    976 Likes Received
    We really didn't play the Tampa 2.

We played a man-to-man Cover 2. And the defense's responsibilities were stop the run first and stop the run second, then go after the QB. This will probably look schematically and personnel wise more like what Chicago did under Lovie Smith. Lots of speed and the QB is the first priority.

YR