1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kiffin was a Garret hire

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by AMERICAS_FAN, Jan 14, 2013.

1. jobberone

jobberone Genetically engineered moderating Orangutan Staff Member

38,286 Messages
    4,201 Likes Received
    I've digested this awhile and think this was a good move. My biggest hope is getting more turnovers. That by itself will boost D ratings a good bit
  2. RXP

RXP Well-Known Member

2,766 Messages
    1,022 Likes Received
    This take is exactly right. Couldn't have said it better myself.

This was clearly a Jerry/Lacewell/Switzer hire.

God help us all.
  3. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    every hire is a Jerry hire. If he doesn't approve, it doesn't happen.

That does not mean that Garret did not approve of the hire as well.
  4. bigE79

bigE79 Active Member

2,414 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    John Entwistle or Keith Moon
  5. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,063 Messages
    4,402 Likes Received
    I find it amazing how many people just KNOW for a fact that it was Jason hire or Jerry's hire when the only fact is it is their opinions that it was Jason or Jerry's hire.

Some time down the road we will get the true story. Until that time all we have are opinions and it is magical how people are so sure their opinions are the right one in this matter and any one who does not agree is something similar to an ostrich with it's head in the sand or agenda driven.

I have yet to see any facts that convince me one way or the other of who's hire it was.

My GUESS and OPINION is that it could be a hire that BOTH agreed upon...and that could be good or bad for Jason depending on how it went down...IF it went down that way.

Again...time will tell and the truth will come out down the road. Until that time how about those that just KNOW that it was this guy's or that guy's hire talk about in as an opinion instead of acting like it is fact and everyone that does not agree with your Fact (opinion) is wrong.

Just something to consider.:cool:
  6. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,625 Messages
    2,173 Likes Received
    you make a good point
    if this is a garrett move, i can live with it and see what happens
  7. Eric_Boyer

Eric_Boyer Well-Known Member

4,573 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    those that "know" have an agenda and their agenda always seems to be advanced by their "knowledge".
  8. BrAinPaiNt

BrAinPaiNt Brotherhood of the Beard Staff Member

61,063 Messages
    4,402 Likes Received
    It's amazing that those that KNOW and have KNOWLEDGE seem to be different people on opposite sides of the coin.

Some saying Jerry made the Hire.

Some saying Jason made the Hire.

Just amazing that both sides are so confident in the knowledge of what they know.
  9. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,690 Messages
    1,396 Likes Received
    If I had my own job being held in question and the boss asks me if I like his choices... I am pretty sure I do.

This isn't that complicated to decipher.

Lacewell was calling it a hire and patting everyone involved on the back a full day before it was official.
    You think it was Garrett who called Lacewell?

And anyone thinking this is a good hire... not sure how that logically computes. Kiffin is 72, he needs to install a defense that 99% of the defenders on this team haven't ever played on the pro level. And he needs to succeed right now because this is the Dallas Cowboys and the expectation is playoffs next year or a new coaching staff... AGAIN. And of course because 72 year olds don't have the luxury of building for the future.
  10. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,117 Messages
    2,683 Likes Received

It's a gift.
  11. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,526 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    Blind, bombastic confidence in one's opinions is fashionable these days. Might have something to do with that interwebs thing.....

Really, opinions are all we have at this point.
  12. erod

erod Well-Known Member

5,049 Messages
    2,233 Likes Received
    Garrett move or not - and it very well may be - it isn't playing that way right now.

After all the changes to the staff are complete, we'll get a clearer picture.

We're just over-Jerry'd around here to think otherwise.
  13. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,117 Messages
    2,683 Likes Received

It doesn't really matter how it is "playing".

What matters is the truth.
  14. bigE79

bigE79 Active Member

2,414 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I agree,i dont care who hired who,the only thing that matters is wins and losses and we wont know that for another 7 months, if we do good,its a JG hire,bad,JJ ****ed up again...rinse wash repeat.:star:
  15. RGKN33

RGKN33 New Member

78 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If this is a Garrett move its even worse because that tells me Jason is closer to staying rather than going . I want him gone he is not a good coach .
  16. links18

links18 Well-Known Member

9,526 Messages
    1,267 Likes Received
    YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH! :D
  17. pugilist

pugilist dwarecwby311

2,594 Messages
    722 Likes Received
    actually it was Lacewell's idea and Jerry listened and executed
  18. AsthmaField

AsthmaField Outta bounds

11,117 Messages
    2,683 Likes Received

You need me on that wall!
  19. Wolfpack

Wolfpack Well-Known Member

2,766 Messages
    594 Likes Received
    After a bottle of Maker's Mark no doubt.
  20. Yakuza Rich

Yakuza Rich Well-Known Member

12,200 Messages
    1,240 Likes Received
    Your reasoning is that since Larry Lacewell loves Kiffin, that there simply cannot be anyway that Garrett and Lacewell could like the same person as a D-Coordinator.

I don't really care if it was a Garrett or Jerry move. I'm even nonplussed on the move to begin with. But people having concluded that it must be a Jerry move to me says a lot about their blind hatred for Jerry as they are basing it on no evidence other than Larry Lacewell loves Kiffin.

Garrett was with the Bucs when Kiffin was their D-Coodinator.

I think it's obvious that Garrett didn't have the greatest relationship with Rob Ryan.

Jerry has repeatedly wanted the defense to stay in a 3-4.

Jerry was set to go after Lovie Smith after Parcells retired, but the Bears retained Smith.

If Jerry hired Smith, he would have had a head coach to replace Garrett if the team played poorly in 2013.

It's been pretty well known that Garrett has complex about dissention within his coaching staff as they fired Ray Sherman and Skip Peete. Kiffin presents no thread to Garrett as a head coach.

It's not exactly concrete proof, but it's more to go on than Lacewell, a guy who has always preferred a 4-3 faster player scheme who goes back to the Jimmy days where the organization instituted a fast, smaller player 4-3 scheme, just happens to like Kiffin who is probably the best 4-3 D-Coordinator in the past 15 years.

I don't like Lacewell as much as the next person, but I would expect him to love the hire because he's a 4-3 guy. I think he would have loved hiring Lovie Smith or just going back to the 4-3 full time, period.

YR