1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

kind of in a pickle at RB, don't know what to do.

Discussion in 'Fantasy Sports Zone' started by ChldsPlay, Oct 7, 2007.

1. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,159 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    My 3 RBs are Joseph Adai, Ahman Green, and Adrian Peterson. Peterson is on a bye this week, and the other two are game time decisions. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to cut a WR (Crayton, Marshall (Den), or Holmes (Pit)) and pick up a spare RB. There's nothing really decent available, and I don't really want to lose any WRs since I'll need some extra for week 8 when Dallas has a bye. Plus I'm hurting at WR with Andre Johnson not playing for the 3rd week in a row. I'll probably have to cut Crayton, any suggestions on who I should pick up?

I'm thinking either Chris Brown or Lendale White. Not sure which. Brown gets the bulk of the yards, but no TDs yet. White, not as many yards, but has a couple TDs so far.
  2. DanTanna

DanTanna Original Zone Member Zone Supporter

2,215 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    Is cutting a good player to try to win one week worth losing him for the whole season? Crayton probably will get picked up if someone notices him on the waiver wire.

Houston plays the down trodden Dolphins. Ron Dayne/Green is a good play if you guess which one will play. I like Lendale White too. Sorry, no help prom me.:)

I'll watch the "Texans Kick-off" show this morning and report back who they feel is going to start.
  3. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    I'd drop a wr and pickup White if you really want a rb but I wouldn't get rid of Crayton.
  4. ChldsPlay

6,159 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    The reason for cutting Crayton is because I don't want to spread my team out too much with just Cowboys and I'll need 3 non Cowboys receivers for week 8. I don't really think I'd play Crayton too often anyway.
  5. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yup, it is tough when you are carrying injured players and delaing with bye weeks.

I'd go with White.

Another player you might check out on the waiver wire, if available, is Ernest Graham.

Also, given A. Green's knee issues ... If Graham is also available, I'd consider dropping Green to pick up Graham (and dropping Crayton to pick up White).
  6. DanTanna

DanTanna Original Zone Member Zone Supporter

2,215 Messages
    220 Likes Received
    The TV just said Ahman Green is out and Dayne is starting. He=s good for 6-10 points IMO.
  7. ChldsPlay

6,159 Messages
    340 Likes Received
    Dayne was already gone and someone got White before me. I ended up getting both Chris Brown and Michael Pittman (who went and got hurt early in the game). Then Santonio Holmes didn't really play, so I had basically 2 open spots on my team today. Brown got me about 7 pts, but that's about it. I still have Romo, TO, Witten and the D left, but I'm going to have make up about 45 pts. The other guy still has Barber and Folk as well. So, really to have a shot I'll need at least 60 pts out of those 4, maybe 70. It's possible, but it sucks, probably should have been an easy win. Stupid injuries.