1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kiper's 2008 Draft Guide Mock...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by MichaelWinicki, Apr 14, 2008.

1. romo#9

romo#9 New Member

27 Messages
    0 Likes Received

There is no combination of players you could choose at #22, #28, #61 that will make everyone happy. If Chris Long, Jake Long, and DMAC slid down to #22,#28,#61. Someone would still disagree with the picks. That's just the way it is. If you don't believe it post your picks for #22,#26,#61 and get ready to get blasted.
  2. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    The huddle (free mock) has him going #7.
    http://www.thehuddlereport.com/FREE_CONTENT/freemockdraft.shtml
  3. DFWJC

DFWJC Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

21,667 Messages
    1,532 Likes Received
    Wow...this one is pretty sad. The Cowboys taking Mario at 28 is nuts, Felix at 61 is almost impossible, Rice and Johnson later than Rd 2 is improbable, Lawrence Jackson at 26 seems high, Stewart at 36 seems low too.
  4. tomson75

tomson75 Brain Dead Shill

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'm pretty sure that if McFadden, Jake Long, and Chris Long fell to us at those spots, the consensus would border on orgasm. I'd ban myself if I dissented from the majority.
  5. tomson75

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  6. Chuck 54

Chuck 54 Well-Known Member

9,213 Messages
    189 Likes Received
    Like most, he was very accurate in the guys who were gone in the first 20 picks, just not the right teams after the top part.

For what it's worth...Brandon Albert is being looked at by many as a guy who could be the 2nd best LT in the draft despite playing OG for VA.
  7. JPM

JPM Well-Known Member

5,655 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    You asked for another site and I found one. I'm not agreeing or disagreeing with it, just posting it.
  8. Sarge

Sarge Red, White and Brew... Staff Member

20,603 Messages
    1,419 Likes Received

I agree. I am one of the VERY few that actually don't mind Kiper. He knows the players fairly but he doesn't project where they will land very well at all.

He needs to do better in the area of team needs IMO, but he has a pretty good handle on the players coming out.....it's very chic and easy to make fun of the guy but I have no real problem with him overall.

There are better. There are A LOT worser.

IMO/FWIW.

Carry on.
  9. tomson75

16,714 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I know....I did not mean to sound condescending. My bad.

This whole Albert thing cracks me up though. I've watched him on numerous occasions...sometimes against my will it seems. He's an outstanding player, but by no means a top 5 pick. His sudden rise is quite startling for what is essentially a guard...and I have a feeling those that are defending Kiper here have little or no experience with the player to base "their" opinion on.
  10. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Active Member

5,015 Messages
    6 Likes Received
    All I was saying was Kiper was being blasted for having Albert as a top pick and all indications are that come draft day Albert will go very high. That's all that matters when it comes to critiquing useless mock drafts.