1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kiper's grades

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Risen Star, Apr 28, 2013.

1. ufcrules1

ufcrules1 Well-Known Member

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Yeah, they are different alright. What the "front office" has done for 17 years now is given us pathetic results and hacked up many drafts. That doesn't stop the homers from thinking they are wonderful though. Some fans just can't take enough abuse, they want more and more.
  2. ufcrules1

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Excellent spot on post.
    :bow:
  3. ufcrules1

7,247 Messages
    1,449 Likes Received
    Another excellent post. And how well did our dline do last year?
  4. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,520 Messages
    9,687 Likes Received
    You need a visionary at GM. We have a reactionary GM. He'll attempt to fix the DL once it's woefully obvious on the field that it's a mess.
  5. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I dont get why this team cannot draft a quality safety. We have not had one since Woodson. Its a huge hole this team fails miserably at trying to fill. Hey but lets draft a TE, yeah thats what we needed with our 2nd pick
  6. anj113

anj113 Member

951 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    This team is NOWHERE good enough to waste 2nd picks on luxury picks. That is NOT how to build a successful team

If thats what you meant, hope I didnt misunderstand you, if I did than I apologize
  7. 5Stars

5Stars Here comes the Sun...

26,722 Messages
    1,809 Likes Received
    It's woefully obvious that you have not seen the NEW DL this year. Nobody has as of yet. You saw last years DL, but not this years, so once again, you speak in absolutes as if you are the see all know all.

Guess what? You not...

:cool:
  8. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,893 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    So Jerry should ignore the scouting board and avoid all TE?

I don;t like the pick either but if the player is BPA you take them there. Witten is old and Hanna was a late pick. We don't have a 3rd TE at all. If this kid is a future Pro Bowler this is bad pick?

Our FB just had back surgery. Yes our 1 FB. You can;t run a lot of 2 TE sets with 2 TE on the roster.

Think a guy 6'6" with soft hands might be hard to cover?
  9. jterrell

jterrell Penguinite

19,893 Messages
    1,481 Likes Received
    So you reach for need and take guys at positions that fit but can't help you anyways?

Can you imagine how sickening it would have been to select a safety in round 2 and then have that player not start?

You gotta trust the scouts. They rated this kid a top 25 player in this draft.

Dallas scouts feel this guy can add weight which will help block and will maintain his naturally soft hands.
  10. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,139 Messages
    829 Likes Received
    The front office hasn't won anything in 17 years. This draft was more of the same. Hence my problem.

More of the same problem.

I question the fact that we decided we were going to mimic the Patriot 12 offense before or after Jerry found out we could draft Escobar. We certainly could have done better with Eifert at 18 if the plan was to transform our offense to more 2 TE sets if that was the plan going in. This sounds like rationalization for the pick after the fact, especially considering that we already drafted a similar player in Hanna last year, and our HC/OC has shown no real inclination or ability to run a 2 TE offense effectively lately.

Really? With Romo running for his life just about every pass play Austin's contract is our big concern? With no viable proven NFL safety on the roster at all we have to start thinking about the future at #2 WR now?

But apparently in the same pass happy league safety is a position you only draft 4th round small school projects who have 1 year playing actual defense in their entire career. You know there are some other guys running around in the backfield besides corners, right?
  11. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,139 Messages
    829 Likes Received
    Explain to me how that is worse than drafting a 4th round safety project, who you know with some certainty will NOT start, when there is not another proven starting NFL safety on the roster? At. All. Just so you can have another guy who is an awful lot like the guy you drafted last year in Hanna on the roster.
  12. jazzcat22

jazzcat22 Well-Known Member

9,766 Messages
    1,783 Likes Received
    No they don't...explain the 2-14 Rams winning the SB the next year...
  13. Keystone_Heavy

Keystone_Heavy Member

275 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    If this were true, wouldn't the exact same teams go 8-8 every year?
  14. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Well I have beat the drum at safety for a while, but the draft is different, you can't just reach for positions cause your drafts will just plain stink. You have to look at BPA according to grades when you pick, and if a safety didn't make the grade, then he shouldn't have been picked.

The draft is about talent acquisition, not filling needs, and you seem to want them to have a need based draft which has caused us to massively fail in the draft in the past. You fill needs in FA, not the draft....and thats where we should've gotten a starting safety if we wanted one.