1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kirk Cousins

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by SDogo, Apr 28, 2012.

1. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    Kellllllllen Moore please
  2. Bull209

Bull209 Benched

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    The Eagles have a long-term system in place that other teams around the league trust. The Cowboys haven't developed anyone since Tony Romo, who came up under another system, and given the results with Stephen McGee, I doubt anyone has confidence in a developmental project out of Dallas.
  3. a_minimalist

a_minimalist Well-Known Member

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I don't like that. So draft someone and train him then sell him?
  4. Bull209

Bull209 Benched

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    It's not a bad strategy, it's just something Dallas isn't likely to be able to pull off.
  5. coyboy

coyboy Member

113 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    Kirk cousins would be a good pick in the 4th
  6. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Now I know that there's no need to take you seriously, thanks...

I know that because nobody who knew anything about Kirk Cousins and Stephen McGee would ever think to compare them... they aren't even remotely similar QBs...

McGee is at his best on the move, indeed he's a little too fond of that... Cousins is a pure pocket passer whose biggest flaw is that he's TOO patient in the pocket, thus making him susceptible to sacks and injury...

McGee is a scrambler, Cousins is a surgeon (we're talking playing styles here) who sits back in the pocket and tries to pick you apart... he's like a Peyton Manning, without all the talent... LOL...
  7. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Which one of the voices in your head said that??

:D
  8. Bull209

Bull209 Benched

66 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I never compared the players. I'm comparing the type of move it would be. The Cowboys aren't a position to be taking developmental players, unless you're okay with another losing season.
  9. Deep_Freeze

Deep_Freeze Well-Known Member

6,661 Messages
    125 Likes Received
    Yeah not a bad strategy at all, but as has been pointed out, we would have to develop the guy and we haven't done that lately although that doesn't mean we can't do it in the future.

Its still a good strategy to draft and develop the most important position in football at all times.
  10. Kolemmitt

Kolemmitt Member

170 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I like Cousins and I wouldn't be disappointed, but I think we are set at QB for at least the next three years while I think there are several potential contributors or even a starter at Center that we can still get in the fourth round. If we are going to get a project I would prefer to wait until the 6th or later and get Kinne or Moore.
  11. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I get that. My only trepidation is the idea of releasing a QB that turns into a HOF player. IMO it is a waste of resources and time to be coaching people simply to trade them. If you draft them in hope of one day playing them fine. But, if you draft someone with the only idea of selling them I find a deep flaw in that strategy.

I'm just an everyday guy though so what the hell do i know lol
  12. silverbear

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    ROTFLMAO... hoss, by the time you get to the 4th round, most of the prospects left on the board are "developmental" players... it's also kind of silly to think that mid and late round draft picks could doom you to a losing season...

Let me put it to you this way-- if Jason Garrett knows anything, it's quarterback play... remember, last year he was reported to be hot for Andy Dalton in the draft, and of course Andy had a real nice rookie season...

So if Jason thinks that Kirk Cousins has NFL ability and is worth a the 135th pick in the draft, I'm gonna trust his judgement on this one... it's not the way I would go, but I'm not so arrogant as to think my judgement is superior to Garrett's...
  13. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    I'm anti-QB for this draft right now, but, that's one hell of a point lol
  14. Brian_C82

Brian_C82 Member

466 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    :lmao2:
  15. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,064 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    I like Cousins alot. I think he'll be a good starter in a few years.
  16. a_minimalist

4,690 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    and how long do you think he has left? 2 yrs? :lmao2: :lmao2:
  17. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    The fact that they would of taken Wagner says it's something they would consider but I have no idea where the value matches up for them at this point.
  18. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,390 Messages
    646 Likes Received
    Cousins to skins.
  19. Illini88228

Illini88228 Well-Known Member

1,211 Messages
    131 Likes Received
    Just went to Washington.
  20. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star