1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kirkpatrick or Jenkins

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Feb 22, 2012.

1. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,502 Messages
    870 Likes Received
    Who would you rather have and why?
  2. NeonDeion21

NeonDeion21 Well-Known Member

2,124 Messages
    488 Likes Received
    Jenkins. I think he is much quicker and has much better feet than Dre. I also think he covers bigger WR's much better.
  3. Bowdown27

Bowdown27 Well-Known Member

2,679 Messages
    273 Likes Received
    I would happy with either one but I like Kirkpatrick. He's a tall physical corner who can go against the bigger receivers in the nfl now. Thin he would be perfect for rob Ryan system. And if rumors are true about moving hi to safety then of still be happy. In my opinion could be like antrel rolle turned out for the giants and cards
  4. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd be happy with either one.
  5. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,581 Messages
    2,963 Likes Received
    Going to go with Jenkins from a more pure/prototypical cornerback standpoint.
  6. Zaxor

Zaxor Virtus Mille Scuta

8,398 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I really want to see kirkpatricks combine results...he may wind up being a safety and might turn out to be a very good one...but Jenkins I think will end up being the better CB if he keeps his head about him.
  7. ferrispata

ferrispata Active Member Zone Supporter

319 Messages
    44 Likes Received
    I am OK with both at this point, but we really need to see Kirks speed at the combine. If he has a slow time, he will drop. That being said, with his size, I would like to see him as a Safety. And if things work out, I think we could trade down a bit and still get one or the other of these CBs. Hopefully we would have a trade partner if that is the case.
  8. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,855 Messages
    1,697 Likes Received
    No druggies
  9. BraveHeartFan

BraveHeartFan We got a hat. I want a ring.

23,941 Messages
    1,389 Likes Received
    If I was pretty dang sure that there would be no issues off the field with drugs from Jenkins I'd happily take him first.

However I don't think that the kid could possibly convince me that he won't foul up off the field so I'd go with a player whose still dang good and a much better investment, imo, in Kirkpatrick.

Jenkins is dang talented though and it would be hard to pass that up.
  10. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    I look at it a little differently because I'm one of those that don't view weed as a drug
  11. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

78,637 Messages
    3,905 Likes Received
    I like Kirkpatrick. I love his cover skills and his physical play outside.
  12. JonJon

JonJon Injured Reserve

11,034 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Jenkins. I feel he will be the better pro. Better coverage and ball skills, more of a shutdown CB.
  13. Tex

Tex Active Member

558 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    Jenkins. better cover skills. Kirkpatrick may not even be a CB in the NFL after a year or two.

Tex
  14. Nightshade

Nightshade Active Member

1,811 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wouldn't close the door on Kirkpatrick as a CB because the skills he showed in one year as a starter in college shows the potential to handle some of the HUGE NFL WR's that are increasingly staring in the league.

Andre Johnson 6'3"

Calvin Johnson 6'5"

Vincent Jackson 6'5"

Brandon Marshall 6'4"

Dwayne bowe 6'2"

Larry Fitzgerald 6'3"

Kenny Britt 6'3"

Mike Williams 6'2"

Marques Colston 6'4"

Sidney Rice 6'4"

Braylon edwards 6'3"

AJ Green 6'4"

Malcolm Floyd 6'5"

Julio Jones 6'3"

Kirkpatrick is 6'2" Jenkins is 5'10". We've got a great talented short Jenkins allready. Now we could really use a big guy to cover their big guys. If Kirkpatrick's speed shows up in the combine, he's a no-brainer.
  15. cowboysooner

cowboysooner Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Kirkpatrick is alot like Rolle. He will struggle at corner if he is asked to play in off coverage. He can be okay in press man because of his size but he does not have the quickness to play man off. He would be fine in zone. Alabama plays a ton of zone and the corners are protected with help over the top. I'm a little wary of drafting the next Kareem McKenzie.
  16. Shadowy329

Shadowy329 Member

232 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I'd prefer Jenkins I don't have any new reasons that haven't already been mentioned but a combination of those and my gut feeling telling me Jenkins will likely be the better of the 2. Though I wouldn't mind seeing what Kirk could do in a safety role.
  17. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,064 Messages
    956 Likes Received
    Exactly what I've been thinking.
  18. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,855 Messages
    1,697 Likes Received
    doesn't matter what YOU think. The Law and the NFL says otherwise.
  19. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,665 Messages
    1,013 Likes Received
    Jenkins....

If not for the drug issue and being kicked from florida, he would be the talked as the best CB in the draft.

See how Luck is being talked about? Jenkins would be compared to deion....he is that good, we are lucky he ran into some troubles, now we have a chance at him.

Let's take it.
  20. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,502 Messages
    870 Likes Received
    it doesnt matter what YOU think either..teams are going to draft whoever they want..