1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kirkpatrick or Jenkins

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by GloryDaysRBack, Feb 22, 2012.

1. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

79,597 Messages
    4,627 Likes Received
    True but when people say weed is not a big deal that is false. If by having it can lead to a player being arrested or being suspended then it is a big deal.

It clearly matters to the league.
  2. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,601 Messages
    953 Likes Received
    the people who run these nfl franchises are no different than the people on this board...some teams will take it seriously, others may not..it is what it is
  3. Doomsday101

Doomsday101 Well-Known Member

79,597 Messages
    4,627 Likes Received
    I think they all take is seriously some are more willing to take a risk. Teams have enough concerns with things outside their control such as injuries when they know a player has had issues they all take notice.

Jeff Fisher took a chance on Pac Man they saw the red flags on him but took the chance and later said it was a big mistake.

I'm not saying Jenkins or Kirkpatrick will be Pac Man Jones but it is a concern it is something all teams will look at and weigh in making their choice.

The teams voted unanimously on these drug policy and the test and want even more including the HGH testing so yes they all take it seriously.
  4. casmith07

casmith07 I'm the best poster in the game!

27,605 Messages
    2,986 Likes Received
    Lol, bro I know you love the Super Dreadlock Bros. but comparing him to Deion is a little premature.
  5. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    The flaw is see is that you don't take a corner in the first round that you plan on moving to safety. You only move a corner to safety that can't play corner.

Just saying
  6. fortdick

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Too bad Dahmer ate those people, I heard he was a good pass rusher.
  7. casmith07

27,605 Messages
    2,986 Likes Received
    Or, you draft a guy that's been playing safety since high school instead of drafting projects.

I'm all for drafting projects if you don't have glaring needs. I don't want to plug a project into a hole...we did that with Alan Ball, wasted a pick on Stanback trying to do that crap and it got us nowhere.
  8. Boys122

Boys122 Well-Known Member

1,382 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Do not want a corner at 14. Give me DeCastro, Ingram, Coples, Still, Upshaw or Kuechly.

We can find some good corners in the second or third. Gilmore, Minniefield, Hayward, Johnson.
  9. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,601 Messages
    953 Likes Received
    If all the teams took it as seriously as you suggest, which may be true, then these kids w character concerns (namely drug issues) would drop like flies on draft day
  10. cbow44

cbow44 Member

597 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    As I said in another post, how can you trust paying Jenkins 2 mil a year. Just cant do that with the 14th pick. Would jump all over him in the second round on. For those that say Kirkpatrick dosent have good hips you need to look again. His closing burst is scary fast. he is extremely quick, can turn and shadow in all the highlight film I have been able to watch. When he hits someone they dont drag him another five yards, usually they go backwards. none of this throwing a shoulder and hoping they go down. The only thing in question is his straight line speed.
  11. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,975 Messages
    1,139 Likes Received
    :laugh2:

Hey, i said they would do it, the media always does so:)

At least until they become a cowboy....then they suck
  12. Frozen700

Frozen700 Well-Known Member

12,975 Messages
    1,139 Likes Received
    Agreed
  13. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

42,018 Messages
    1,818 Likes Received

Other teams are stupid so we should be too?
  14. Rynie

Rynie Benched

4,606 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Same here. However, if a person can't smoke and hold their life down, that's different.
  15. fortdick

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Let's see...I don't consider weed a drug...I could lose millions of dollars if I get high...smoking weed > millions of dollars...I am ready to make decisions that affect my team.
  16. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

7,021 Messages
    658 Likes Received
    This team needs pure cover corners. Jenkins is that and a very talented one. Kirkpatrick from what i've seen is a very talented tweener.
  17. realtick

realtick Benched

6,986 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Lol, not to mention I love how it's some foregone conclusion that Kirkpatrick is be switched to safety.
  18. casmith07

27,605 Messages
    2,986 Likes Received
    He's got all of the makings of an elite safety.

Closing speed is not = fluid hips either.
  19. cbow44

cbow44 Member

597 Messages
    11 Likes Received
    fluid hips mean, how well an athlete can change directions and not lose speed. Folks who say Kirkpatrick has stiff hips are just silly. Is he a fluid as Jenkins, probably not but still very good.