1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Knee Defender interrupts Flight

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by Hoofbite, Aug 26, 2014.

1. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,153 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    This works both ways. The person in front is not more entitled to the space than the person in back. If anything, I would say the person in back is more entitled to the space as it is in their row. The person in front can just spring for first class if they want to recline instead of inconveniencing someone else who paid money for their seats.
    John813 and Jammer like this.
  2. JIMMYBUFFETT

JIMMYBUFFETT Skinwalker

1,180 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    I'm just happy to be sitting on a chair in the freaking sky. I don't normally recline my seat out of courtesy, but if I wanted to and discovered the guy behind had installed these things...we'd be making an emergency landing in Omaha so he could have them surgically removed from his rectum. I paid for my seat and will decide what I do with it, not you.
  3. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,382 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    I disagree. If the person in back was allotted the reclining space, then the airlines would have gotten rid of the ability to recline years ago. Instead, most of them (including this airline) have banned the Knee Defender.
    RonSpringsdaman20 likes this.
  4. RonSpringsdaman20

RonSpringsdaman20 alpha seeing omega Zone Supporter

2,017 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    you're very fortunate. I have.
  5. RonSpringsdaman20

2,017 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    HECK YEH!
  6. RonSpringsdaman20

2,017 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    [IMG]
    TheCowboy and JIMMYBUFFETT like this.
  7. RonSpringsdaman20

2,017 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    o_O
    lol
  8. ChldsPlay

ChldsPlay Well-Known Member

6,153 Messages
    339 Likes Received
    The "recline space" ends when the seat reaches another object, that includes another person.
    RonSpringsdaman20 and Joe Rod like this.
  9. Joe Rod

Joe Rod When Keeping it Real Goes Wrong

8,382 Messages
    534 Likes Received
    Totally agree, but it was not the case in this instance. The guy had even upgraded to "economy plus" so he had an extra four extra inches of space.
    RonSpringsdaman20 likes this.
  10. RonSpringsdaman20

2,017 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    :mad:
    Joe Rod likes this.
  11. Jammer

Jammer Retired Air Force Guy Zone Supporter

2,845 Messages
    83 Likes Received
    What about the guy who has a seat that doesn't recline (exit row, seats against the back wall...)?
  12. Phoenix

Phoenix Well-Known Member

4,902 Messages
    349 Likes Received
    ha ha I was just thinking about those seats at the very back of the plane, by the lavatories, that don't recline at all. Just as the airlines charge extra for the "premium" seats that give the 4 inches extra space, and charge extra for exit row seats usually, I'll bet they charge extra for the back seats that don't recline whatsoever: "Since you don't have to worry about anyone complaining in back of you, we'll charge you extra".... boggle...
  13. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,856 Messages
    881 Likes Received
    Yeah, that's what a lot of people are missing in this story. Both passengers had extra legroom seats. If I pay extra for an extra leg room seat, I expect to be able to recline even if I don't actually do so. Even worse, the guy with the knee defender was on his laptop, that's why he didn't want to let the woman recline.
  14. Derekmtl85

Derekmtl85 Active Member

807 Messages
    164 Likes Received
    Yeah, i'm sure they think the same about your right to recline. It's not his problem, it's yours. Deal with it.
    Jammer likes this.
  15. theogt

theogt Surrealist Zone Supporter

43,779 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    These should be banned. The seats recline by intentional design. If someone pays for a seat, they should be able to use it the way they want as designed. If someone cares enough to reduce their own comfort to increase someone else's, then so be it. But they should not be forced to, particularly when that other person should go into the situation knowing the seats are reclinable. If you want more room, pay for the first class ticket, or ride a bus.
  16. theogt

43,779 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    What's your basis for drawing this arbitrary line at which a passenger's acquired space begins and ends? Who's to say that the second row passenger's space begins where the first row passenger's reclining ends?
  17. BigStar

BigStar Stop chasing Zone Supporter

3,440 Messages
    1,341 Likes Received
    Take it out of the country and letum have the death match already, All that crawling on the ground could be avoided and get back to "real" fighting :D I tune out once they hit the floor...if you could fight you wouldn't' resort to that, just my opinion. I've never seen real fights resort to that unless they couldn't' box
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2014
  18. RonSpringsdaman20

2,017 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    where's the "not like" buttono_O
    ChldsPlay likes this.
  19. theogt

43,779 Messages
    522 Likes Received
    Right next to the "do not recline" button.
  20. RonSpringsdaman20

2,017 Messages
    819 Likes Received
    haha... good one!
    I'm still kicking the bejesus out of your chair if you're in front of me!:cool: