1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Knock off... store???

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by vta, Jul 21, 2011.

1. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    You can knock off clothes, electronics and I'm sure other things, but an entire store?:laugh2:

The Ultimate Knock-Off: A Fake Apple Store

The best part of this is the Faux Apple Guru, looking cool...

[IMG]

Apple may have opened only four stores in two cities in China so far, but unbeknownst to the company, they are already expanding elsewhere in country.

A blogger in Kunming posted photos on Wednesday of a local store which, from a distance, looked just like one of the consumer electronics giants’ iconic full-service retail stores. It featred a glass exterior, pale wood display tables, a winding staircase and giant posters displaying the iPad 2 and other Apple products, plus a neatly organized accessories wall.

“This was a total Apple store ripoff—a brilliant one,” the blogger, BirdAbroad, wrote. She called it “the best ripoff store we had ever seen.” Photos show employees in blue shirts and Apple-emblazoned name tags similar to those worn by Apple Store employees in Beijing and Shanghai.
  2. Alumni2k11

Alumni2k11 Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)

1,050 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  3. tupperware

tupperware A Plastic Container

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Of all the places you could ripoff... lol. Its a ripoff store of a ripoff store.

In all seriousness though, Im in the process of setting up a hackintosh but my gtx 580 is making it tricky.
  4. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Steve Jobs is on the way :laugh2:
  5. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    Is the gtx 580 compatible with Mac? I don't know much about them, but I do know the difference in video cards is sort of a big thing. I don't know why the same card for a PC is tons less than for a Mac. I had to spend almost $300.00 to replace mine.
  6. tupperware

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    Let me rephrase that. Im installing osx on non apple hardware.
  7. vta

vta The Proletariat

8,746 Messages
    5 Likes Received
    I figured as much. I was wondering if you'd bought a video card compatible with the OS. If you didn't I'm thinking you're not going to get it to work.
  8. tupperware

7,269 Messages
    93 Likes Received
    I've seen some reports that it's working on Lion.
  9. MonsterD

MonsterD Quota outta absentia

3,682 Messages
    314 Likes Received
    Do they call their employees the genuineness?