1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Knox guilty of Kercher murder

Discussion in 'Off-topic Zone' started by barney, Jan 30, 2014.

1. barney

barney Active Member

243 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    Amanda Knox and Raffaele Sollecito have been found guilty of the murder of Meredith Kercher as an Italian court upheld its orginal verdict both have been sentenced to 20+ years

Views?
  2. the_h0wey

the_h0wey Well-Known Member

1,075 Messages
    111 Likes Received
    She confessed once, and falsely accused someone else. Seems like they got it right. Luckily for her, they will never send her to Italy.
  3. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,489 Messages
    1,467 Likes Received
    I doubt the U.S. lets Italy extradite her due to double jeopardy. That is if the Supreme Court upholds the verdict.
    dogberry likes this.
  4. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,358 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    The Italian legal system is whacky. Appears they just keep bring cases back to trial until they get the results they want.

Guess this girl will never feel safe traveling to any country outside of the U.S. that would even potentially cooperate w/ Italy and arrest/extradite her?
    dogberry likes this.
  5. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,395 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    I assume her "confession" is why I don't trust them.

How many years did the third guy get and was he the killer?
  6. dexternjack

dexternjack World Traveler Zone Supporter

5,489 Messages
    1,467 Likes Received
    I would be afraid of the Italian mob here in the states. She will never lead a normal life........
  7. barney

barney Active Member

243 Messages
    30 Likes Received
    She was involved shes a liar and tbh from an englishmans point of view shes just pissing everybody off
  8. dogberry

dogberry Well-Known Member

2,395 Messages
    53 Likes Received
    Rudy's DNA is at the crime scene, but Rafael's and Amanda's isn't.
  9. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,437 Messages
    1,457 Likes Received
    The italians make the OJ Simpson LA Keystone Cops look like professionals
    arglebargle likes this.
  10. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,339 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    I've not followed this other than it appearing on the news but have seen a lot of folk talking about extradition not happening due to double jeopardy in U.S. law. I may be wrong but was she not initially convicted then that verdict was overturned on appeal and the prosecution have now won an appeal on that verdict? As I say I could be wrong but if that is the case then I don't see how double jeopardy applies.
  11. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    1,141 Likes Received
    In the US, the State (prosecution) cannot appeal an acquittal or not guilty verdict.
  12. daschoo

daschoo Slanje Va

2,339 Messages
    78 Likes Received
    OK, makes more sense. Still not convinced it's a valid argument as if I was charged with a crime in America I would expect the trial to be under American law not Scots, surely the same applies with Knox and Italian law?
    Deliberately not passing comment on Knox' guilt or innocence due to the potentially heated nature of such chat.
  13. jimmy40

jimmy40 Well-Known Member

15,008 Messages
    234 Likes Received
    do two people here care enough to get heated about this?
  14. Denim Chicken

Denim Chicken Well-Known Member

2,909 Messages
    1,141 Likes Received
    US would have prob extradited her if she was found guilty the first time, but since they acquitted and tried again, we would not consider that legitimate--just like we would not extradite people convicted on erroneous 'spying' charges to Egypt or anyone convicted under Sharia law.
  15. Nirvana

Nirvana Well-Known Member

3,404 Messages
    668 Likes Received
    Plenty of room for reasonable doubt. Justice in Italy is a scary thing.
  16. PJTHEDOORS

PJTHEDOORS Well-Known Member

1,944 Messages
    329 Likes Received
    Name change.
  17. DallasCowpoke

DallasCowpoke Fierce Allegiance

5,358 Messages
    149 Likes Received
    Why in the world would the Italian mob care or want to rattle the cage of U.S. federal law by doing the bidding of the Italian govt?
  18. Ntegrase96

Ntegrase96 Well-Known Member

2,622 Messages
    1,103 Likes Received
    I haven't really followed this one either, but why is this case so huge? Obviously it's a travesty that someone is dead, but things like this happen all the time without the same publicity.

Is it because Knox is good looking? Or are there actual law and world changing implications to this case?
  19. CowboyStar88

CowboyStar88 Well-Known Member

4,321 Messages
    942 Likes Received
    The mob here in the states is not what it use to be. They are more concerned with government and politics. The Italian mob doesn't care about this case or what the corrupt courts in Italy do. That's why most fled and came to the US. Also Italy is pretty dirt poor. My family is from Naples.
  20. ABQCOWBOY

ABQCOWBOY Moderator Staff Member

34,370 Messages
    1,401 Likes Received
    Not sure that's it.........

[IMG]