1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ko Simpson...

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by Rack Bauer, Apr 29, 2006.

1. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    What did he run in the 40 at the combine? I read that he doesn't have great timed speed, but another site says he ran a 4.45 at the combine. For a safety of his size, I'd say that's a great time.

Anyone have his official combine time?
  2. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I could find it if that damn NFLDraftCOuntdown.com wasn't acting like a POS!
  3. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    but here's an even better time

4.38 at 210

can you guess who it was? I've only been pimping him since forever ;)
  4. whcarm

whcarm Member

482 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    TSN says that he ran a 4.40.

Regardless, he would probably be my first choice for a FS. Probably the player I want most in the second round, assuming that Brodie Croyle isn't there when we pick.
  5. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    he will be and we'll pass on him
  6. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received
    Why is he supposedly dropping so much then? He was said to be a first round pick about 3 months ago.

Did he score low on the wonderlic? :D

7. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    the fact that he's raw, will be a 24 year old rookie, and not many FS are taken in the 1st round, while he's the 4th best FS prospect
  8. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

If we take Croyle over Simpson I'll break something.

I'd rather take Omar Jacobs late in the draft.

Really though, I'd rather not take any QBs. Let's see what Romo and Henson can do before we give up on them. JMO
  9. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

I don't care if he's 24. Newman was 25 when we took him (or turned 25 soon after the draft).

Simpson in the second would be awesome.

If we don't get one of "the three" at OLB, then I'd hope for a trade down to the late first/early second and take Eric Winston.

Winston
    Simpson
    Gocong.

That would be a nice first 3 picks IMO. Gocong would take awhile to develop but for a 3rd round pick he'd be worth it IMO.
  10. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I'm just answering your question, I don't care either, I like Simpson alot too

why not McNeil instead of WInston? but Winston would be just fine

btw, still haven't tried to guess who that S with those measurables is?
  11. AdamJT13

AdamJT13 Salary Cap Analyst

14,934 Messages
    309 Likes Received
    NFL.com says his two times were 4.40 and 4.48. Scout.com says 4.47. NFLdraftscout.com says 4.45. He has the straight-line speed, but his agility drills (4.17 and 7.09) were a little slower than his 40 times would indicate.
  12. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

Hmmm...

Pat Watkins?

I give up.

Those 40 times aren't bad at all.

Those agility times aren't very good though. I'd rather he be a tenth of a second slower in the 40 and have both agility drills under 4 and 7 seconds respectively.

That said, they aren't that bad.

If he's there in the 2nd, I hope we take him. Unless Eric Winston is there for some reason.
  13. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    close, Daniel Bullocks
  14. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,515 Messages
    463 Likes Received

Yeah I like Bullocks too. I've seen him go anywhere from late 1st to mid 3rd in the mocks I've seen.

I'd still take Simpson over Bullocks though.
  15. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    :mad:
  16. littlewebs

littlewebs Everything I type is a lie. Except that. And that.

433 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i think he ran 4.45, and why isn't nfl draft countdown working!!?!?!?! i'm so upset, scott's last mock on friday night is always his most accurate!!! sorry drinking!!!!!!
  17. bobbie brewskie

bobbie brewskie New Member

651 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    im sorry but Daniel Bullocks is a SS not a FS, i know he can play both but in no way do i think would we use another pick on a SS prototype and try to convert him to a FS. i like Ko Simpson but i still think we should go with Oline (OG preferably) in the second because the talent that is available in the third at FS is > than the talent that is available for Oline.

Kellen Clemens > Brodie Croyle, IMO. i think Kellen Clemens could be the best valued pick in this draft (talent + pick # = value). i see us taking him later than Brodie Croyle and having him become a better player. Brodie Croyle is not worth a day1 pick to me, Kellen Clemens will be better than him, too. and he will also come to us later in the draft.
  18. BigWillie

BigWillie Well-Known Member

1,667 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    AHHH, summer, please do not 'pimp' Daniel Bullocks.

If you want to pull your hair out for another year or two, then take him. But he is strictly a SS. He can be a poor tackle and take bad angles at times, but more times than not he is solid. Not an overly flashy player at anything, but just solid.

However, he isn't this ballhawk FS type alot of people have built him up to be. He isn't the type that can step up and cover the slot WR like Woodson did consistently.

Plus, he would make that transition from SS to FS, which he has never played. You would have to deal alot with the bumps that come with that, and we know how patient people are around these parts.
  19. dbair1967

dbair1967 Arch Defender

30,783 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Simpson really looks like the best pure FS in this draft, especially if you go off what he did as a freshman...as a soph Spurrier changed the defensive system and his role changed some, but this kid was a major ball hawk who made a number of game changing plays as a freshman

I've liked him since I saw the SC-UGA game two years ago and have watched him nuemrous times since then...he has range and ball skills that most of the other safeties in this draft dont have IMO

David
  20. CrazyCowboy

CrazyCowboy Well-Known Member

32,158 Messages
    124 Likes Received
    You are SPOT on with that......