1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Koney Ealy proday

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by LatinMind, Mar 20, 2014.

1. The Cleaner

The Cleaner New Member

2 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    If you watched his combine 40, he really tailed off during the last 10 yards. I'm guessing the faster 40 is due in part to better technique. Neither of the 40 times are important at all, in my opinion. Ealy has always been a player with enough speed and athleticism to be successful, it is his technique that is in question. I was really down on him before the combine, but I am starting to come around a bit now. I'd take him in the first round if I was convinced he was intelligent and driven enough to learn and if he was a hard worker.
  2. reddyuta

reddyuta Well-Known Member

6,204 Messages
    680 Likes Received
    this is my preferred option but if they cant trade down then he might be a viable option,i feel more comfortable drafting him then somebody like Barr.
  3. CowboyFan74

CowboyFan74 Cowboys Analyst

12,858 Messages
    620 Likes Received
    I'm kinda hoping we trade down but if he gets picked I won't be upset, dude has plenty of upside/potential...
  4. DoctorChicken

DoctorChicken Well-Known Member

945 Messages
    967 Likes Received
    He has the potential, but I don't know if it will ever be reached.
  5. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,504 Messages
    409 Likes Received
    Ealy is my choice with Melton on board. The Pass rushing DE will be key to the Vet. DTs' production.
    unionjack8 likes this.
  6. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

2,301 Messages
    769 Likes Received
    I'd take Murphy over ealy without hesitation . He is a better player and gives maximum effort . Ealy is lazy .
    waving monkey likes this.
  7. Gaede

Gaede Well-Known Member

8,035 Messages
    934 Likes Received
    I don't like Ealy at all. Not in the slightest. Just don't see anything special.
  8. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

21,269 Messages
    1,216 Likes Received
    That's not exactly what he said. He said scouts trust their 40 times over combine times, period. Nothing to do with pro day vs combine.
  9. FuzzyLumpkins

FuzzyLumpkins The Boognish

16,574 Messages
    2,449 Likes Received
    Watched the film and I see a quick powerful man that was asked to play some funky fronts. Stretches where he 'disappeared' included a whole bunch of three man fronts with him lined up straight over a guard. They asked him to engage an OL and 2 gap a lot. When he was asked to slant, stunt, etc into a gap he showed good explosion.

I think he is very underrated.
  10. Bizwah

Bizwah Well-Known Member

5,979 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    He moves and diagnosis plays like Greg Ellis. I wouldn't mind him. I think he is the second best true DE behind Clowney.

My first choice is Donald...then I wouldn't mind a top OL. But he's a nice choice.
  11. Manster74

Manster74 Member

151 Messages
    17 Likes Received
    That wouldn't bother me at all. Actually I'd prefer that unless someone slides big time.
  12. morasp

morasp Well-Known Member

2,919 Messages
    478 Likes Received
    When do we start scheduling player visits?
  13. cmoney23

cmoney23 Active Member

318 Messages
    224 Likes Received
    Love me some Ealy!
  14. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,139 Messages
    481 Likes Received
    Ealy can play there's no doubt about it... He's blessed with tremendous talent.