1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Konz dropping?

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by jnday, Feb 25, 2012.

1. dallasfaniac

dallasfaniac Active Member

4,197 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I don't like my centers as tall as Konz or Brewster, I just think they give up too much leverage.
  2. jobberone

jobberone Save the Snow Leopard Staff Member

35,330 Messages
    2,734 Likes Received
    Some are able to play with leverage at 6-5 but many don't. I've worried about his ability to play downfield. I didn't see him at the combine but I trust SDogo's opinion. Hos said they were interested in Blake but everything I read was low rounds.
  3. Tex

Tex Active Member

553 Messages
    34 Likes Received
    If he fell to 45 I would take him in a heartbeat.

Tex
  4. SDogo

SDogo Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received

I'm hesitant to say I'll be updating my FA and Draft thread soon because it still may be 2 weeks before I'm ready but Moe Petrus is one player they do like. Honestly I have heard nothing about the others on your list as they pertain to the Cowboys.
  5. Prossman

Prossman Active Member

944 Messages
    47 Likes Received
    Konz is the only center considered a day one starter. Watching film on the guy shows he is flat out dominant at the point of attack. The guy is a beast. Now as far as his bench, i dont know if he was hurt or not, id assume he was. Blake is a solid guy and we could do far worse than drafting him, but..
    Blake is no where near as dominant as Konz on film. The combine is a good place to comfirm what you think about a player but beware of the champions of the underwear olympics cause you dont play football in shirts and shorts. ( unless wade phillips is ur coach;) )
  6. burmafrd

burmafrd Well-Known Member

41,129 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    well actually many have doubts; but then you appear to never have any. Sort of like Jerruh.
  7. burmafrd

41,129 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    Actually he is not a beast. He was considered the best center this year but I watched him in multiple games and frankly he is good and a probable starter but that is all. This year there is a fairly weak class of centers if you want standouts.
  8. johnnyd

johnnyd Active Member

1,657 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I still want a vet center (even if a 30+ year old guy) especially if we draft decastro. I want a veteran out there making calls and helping this young line grow sort of taking on the role that Kosier played last year.
  9. GloryDaysRBack

GloryDaysRBack Well-Known Member

9,194 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Lmao...find me one person who has taken Konz off their board so to speak...all these medical red flags around here for Konz continue to be nothing but nonsense...it's only a big deal in fantasy land here at cz
  10. GloryDaysRBack

9,194 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    This guy get is. Kudos
  11. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Konz is considered by many the best OC in a VERY weak class but it's not the consensus he is a day 1 starter. This is a horrible class of Centers and in even a average class he would likely carry no more then a 2nd to 3rd round grade. He is living off the hype of Wisconsin lineman and he was no where near as dominant against top notch competition as you want. Blake on the other hand excelled against top level prospects.

They both have their weaknesses but Konz is GREATLY over valued at this point.
  12. burmafrd

41,129 Messages
    1,275 Likes Received
    and if he is not drafted until the fourth will you admit you were full of it?

Not that you ever have
  13. rash

rash Member

859 Messages
    3 Likes Received
    I agree with everything you've said, but let's say Konz slips to the 3rd. Wouldn't you take him over LaMichael James at that point?
  14. SDogo

13,900 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    Good question.

You have me thinking.:laugh2:
  15. visionary

visionary Well-Known Member

7,162 Messages
    1,793 Likes Received
    nope

because i would be too busy taking vinny curry instead ;)
  16. GloryDaysRBack

9,194 Messages
    601 Likes Received
    Listen closely bumfard, find me one post where I adamantly made a prediction and was proven wrong and wast man enough to admit it. Second of all, if Konz does fall to the 4th I will admit I was wrong.

You want to bet Konz doesn't fall to the 4th? Put yor money where yor mouth is tough guy!

Watch the silence as this clown backs off
  17. Teague31

Teague31 Defender of the Star

6,128 Messages
    259 Likes Received
    i would rather try for blake in the 4th than konz in the second.
  18. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Petrus, eh??

Well, he certainly fits that agile profile that Garrett supposedly likes... he seems a little smallish, though, would you know what the scouts have to say regarding his growth potential??
  19. garyv

garyv Active Member

1,399 Messages
    18 Likes Received
    makes me nervous on Konz there is no way @ #14.
  20. TheCount

TheCount Pixel Pusher

20,668 Messages
    689 Likes Received
    You're assuming Blake will be there in the 4th. If you're waiting till the 4th and then Blake is gone, what then?

I'm not saying we should definitely draft Konz, but the idea that we should "wait for _____" is an optimistic was to approach the draft.