1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Kudos to OL

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by btcutter, Sep 17, 2006.

1. btcutter

btcutter Well-Known Member

2,643 Messages
    147 Likes Received
    I see all the kudos to various players but the Kudos goes to the OL for protection and running lane. Yes, they committed some penalties but for the most part they played very well. They take all the blame when we are bad so they should get some credit tonite.

Our WR's needs to get some crazy glue....gezz..how many drops do we have?
  2. jbsg02

jbsg02 Active Member

1,719 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    i 2nd that
  3. Jimz31

Jimz31 The Sarcastic One

14,232 Messages
    29 Likes Received
    Amen to that. The DL did well tonight as well.
  4. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    we had at least 8 in the 1st half, I thought I saw one more in the 2nd, maybe 2
  5. Da Hammer

Da Hammer The Natural

10,604 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Yea OL was just awesome both run blocking and pass protection. hopefully they will continue to improve as a group
  6. DBoys

DBoys New Member

4,713 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    They just need to cut down on the stupid penalties. Flo and Gurode played great.
  7. EGG

EGG Well-Known Member

4,188 Messages
    210 Likes Received
    It was definitely an improvement,,, though I did spot a lot of "max protect" which will negate the advantage they have with the Witten/TO/Glenn receiving corps.
  8. Boyzmamacita

Boyzmamacita The Ultimate Cowbabe Zone Supporter

13,700 Messages
    678 Likes Received
    I was pleasantly surprised at the time Bledsoe had. I kept thinking "does the Washington D suck or are we improving on the O line?" It was also nice to see Julius, Marion and Tyson bouncing it to the outside for big gains, even if some of it was called back due to penalties.
  9. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,606 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    Ehh maybe, it was above average but I think BP put in some roll outs and stuff to move bledsoe around, Redskins are not a real good pass rushing team when they are trailing, they like to blitz when they are ahead. Run blocking was decent I did see a lot runs being made by the RB ability. I give the line a low B-
  10. KINGBRICE_28

KINGBRICE_28 New Member

1,234 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I gotta disagree......sending 4-5 guys avg all night won't get ya anything .....
  11. Bob Sacamano

Bob Sacamano Benched

57,074 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    and the running game?
  12. CaptainQuint

CaptainQuint New Member

261 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think nine of Blesdoe's passes hit hands and then carpet.
    The 1st quarter endzone drop by Owens was punched out of his hand, so not a true drop. The worst drop I saw was by Polite.
  13. dmq

dmq If I'm so pretty, why am I available?

6,793 Messages
    157 Likes Received
    To me, our OL is better, but I think we are throwing the ball much more on short routes. We stiil can't run up the middle.
  14. jrumann59

jrumann59 Well-Known Member

3,606 Messages
    158 Likes Received
    The cowboys sent 4-5 guys most of the night and got a few sacks....like 6. The good Defenses can pressure without the need of blitzing constantly.
  15. CaptainQuint

CaptainQuint New Member

261 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Right. Jones and Barber made good yards from unspectacular run blocking.
  16. KINGBRICE_28

KINGBRICE_28 New Member

1,234 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    31 carries for 138 is good I'll admit that however I think those numbers were higher than usual do to the whole nickel package thing all night to make up for Springs......

just sayin' cuz.......it's either get hit for a 4 and 5 yards a pop or get a 40 yard pass over the top because we decided to stack the box.......
  17. KINGBRICE_28

KINGBRICE_28 New Member

1,234 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Not having to blitz makes no difference at the end of the season if your team wins.......

You just lost ( 1 ) football point.....

You may earn back that point by saying, "Teams with great lineman can get pressure most of the time without having to send extra players.":)
  18. ratpower

ratpower New Member

285 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Agreed, when 8 guys are blocking, it helps...but overall this was improvement...let's see if it can hold up, when it starts to happen a few weeks in a row, then I will become a believer.

Flo was solid tonight, Gurode did well and Kosier is a hard worker out there...
  19. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Cris Collinsworth surprised me, and actually made a pretty sharp observation regarding that-- he pointed out that the Skins weren't blitzing because their corners couldn't handle the man responsibility...

Which is, of course, pretty much the same story as last week...
  20. silverbear

silverbear Semi-Official Loose Cannon

24,188 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Last night, we saw a little of both...