1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Ladarius Green: TE from Louisiana Lafayette

Discussion in 'Draft Zone' started by CowboysYanksLakers, Apr 23, 2012.

1. CowboysYanksLakers

CowboysYanksLakers Well-Known Member

4,141 Messages
    482 Likes Received
    I really like this guy... His talent is through the roof, especially standing a legit 6'6. He's got WR speed and very solid hands.

Thoughts? I would draft him in the 3rd round if available.
  2. irvin88

irvin88 Active Member

1,668 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    You just described Marty B.
  3. JBell523

JBell523 That's my Quarterback

3,350 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    He said solid hands, not stone hands.
  4. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I like him too, but if we take him, don't expect to see much of him this year except on special teams. He's going to need a year to add bulk.
  5. Hailmary

Hailmary Well-Known Member

2,265 Messages
    31 Likes Received
    I still like Chase Ford out of Miami. He too is 6'6" but he's 20lbs heavier than Green. He doesn't have the production that Green has though, but Miami's produced excellent TE's over the years so I'm going to assume he's well coached. He'll cost less also, could probably pick him up in the 5th or 6th....
  6. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

22,675 Messages
    9,902 Likes Received
    I wouldn't be upset in the 3rd round. Even better in the 4th.
  7. Macnalty

Macnalty Well-Known Member

1,057 Messages
    113 Likes Received
    TE who wants to be a WR only possesses no great quickness or speed. Very immature route runner, I think he is more a sixth round roll of the dice. I will concede that he is tall and has decent hands. IMO
  8. Fredd

Fredd Well-Known Member

3,965 Messages
    1,529 Likes Received
    I like this guy and I would like him on the Cowboys, but not prior to the 4th round, and I likely wouldn't want him until the supplemental pick...if he goes before then, then so be it...

...he is raw and has the size to be a good blocking TE to go along with his ability to catch. I have picked him in one or two mocks that I made.
  9. jobberone

jobberone Right turn Clyde Staff Member

39,002 Messages
    4,533 Likes Received
    He's a tweener. I wouldn't mind having him on the team but not sure I would spend a 3rd or even a 4th this year. I do suspect he's on our radar. Likely a lot of clubs are looking at him. Somebody will overspend for him.
  10. Wimbo

Wimbo Active Member

4,133 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    This is a guy who everyone was pegging as a 6th rounder just one week ago. Since then he has not played any football, so I don't understand why he is surging up into the 3rd round with some people. I think this is just another case of pre-draft speculation that doesn't have much behind it. I read once that the Cowboys draft board is 90% locked in prior to the combine because Jerry trusts the scouts more than the measureables. IMO, These guys that are shooting up the draft board this late in the game are not even in our consideration until where we originally had them slotted.
  11. cowboy_ron

cowboy_ron You Can't Fix Stupid

4,234 Messages
    295 Likes Received
    :laugh2:
  12. Wulfman

Wulfman Unofficial GM

1,300 Messages
    19 Likes Received
    Taking him in the third would be a significant reach. He's a solid choice in the fourth round, and is a guy they could target with that compensatory pick if he's still available.