1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

News: Larry Allen will more than likely be the next Ring of Honor inductee...

Discussion in 'News Zone' started by ThreeSportStar80, Aug 13, 2011.

1. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  2. Picksix

Picksix A Work in Progress

4,609 Messages
    631 Likes Received
    He sure deserves it, but I'd like to see Pearson go in first.
  3. speedkilz88

speedkilz88 Well-Known Member

20,069 Messages
    681 Likes Received
    Read more: http://sportsblogs.star-telegram.co...rson-one-or-both-are-going.html#ixzz1UyPqim1V
  4. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I think both should be inducted honestly...
  5. SilverStarCowboy

SilverStarCowboy The Actualist

7,345 Messages
    365 Likes Received

Honestly.....#88 Drew Pearson first!
  6. TheCoolFan

TheCoolFan Well-Known Member

7,089 Messages
    214 Likes Received
    Pearson deserves to be in but he won't. Jerry has already moved on to his era...if he wanted Pearson in he would've been in by now. Larry Allen and then possibly Darren Woodson will be the next and last ones for awhile until we get to this era of players (Jason Witten).
  7. MC KAos

MC KAos Well-Known Member

7,480 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    i know im young and never saw pearson play, but taking the fact that pearson came first out of the equation, doesnt larry allen deserve to be there more just based on how good he was? to me, larry allen is the greatest lineman ever, he has an insane amount of all pro and pro bowl selections. besides just pearson being from the old days, why should he be in first before LA?
  8. SaltwaterServr

SaltwaterServr Blank Paper Offends Me

8,124 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Pearson should definitely go in, he was a great Cowboys player.

Allen on the other hand, was arguably the Greatest Of All Time at his position. I remember Madden mentioning it during a broadcast one game, that he was privileged to call games while watching two GOATs play, Jerry Rice and Larry Allen.
  9. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Allen was a great OL; he was a pro bowler at a variety of positions. It was a pleasure to watch him. I remember he was playing at RG (several times a pro bowler there) when our OL was so bad that it was necessary to move him to LT to protect Aikman's back. So how did Larry play at LT? So well that he was named a pro bowler; he remained there until Adams was drafted. Larry then moved to LG & again was a pro bowler. Imagine being a pro bowler at 3 of the 5 OL positions. What an incredible player. Sure hated when we cut him & really wish him the best. Has it been 5 years since he retired from the 49ers? He should be a first ballot HOF. Assume there will be a lot of Cowboy players from the 90s on hand to cheer him into the ROH.
  10. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Larry was the greatest offensive lineman I've seen play... He absolutely stone walled EVERY opponent.
  11. victoriacowboy

victoriacowboy New Member

15 Messages
    0 Likes Received

they both deserve to go in! :starspin
  12. big dog cowboy

big dog cowboy THE BIG DOG Staff Member

48,343 Messages
    2,897 Likes Received
    Since Jerry has put it off for so long, Pearson first then LA.
  13. MC KAos

7,480 Messages
    37 Likes Received
  14. MC KAos

7,480 Messages
    37 Likes Received
  15. ZeroClub

ZeroClub just trying to get better

7,619 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    If Pearson ever gets in, he'll get in with someone else (such as Allen) -- during the same ceremony.

Jerry isn't going to have Drew Pearson Day.
  16. MagicMan

MagicMan Active Member

762 Messages
    61 Likes Received
    Certainly sounds like LA will be the next ROH inductee and then the next HOF Cowboys player to be inducted. He sure deserves it. How we took our OL for granted now that it is BS. That was when Emmitt was at his best, the D knew what we were going to run but they could not stop it with LA, Erik Williams, Newton & Co. DAMMMMM, how I miss that OL.
  17. JakeCamp12

JakeCamp12 Well-Known Member

2,095 Messages
    72 Likes Received
    I will never forget him de-cleating Greg Lloyd in the Super Bowl.....:laugh2:
  18. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
  19. ThreeSportStar80

ThreeSportStar80 Benched

27,093 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    Well said bro... Well said.
  20. MC KAos

7,480 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    I remember I had a short conversation with jay glazer on twitter once about LA, he said he was hands down the greatest OL ever, said multiple guys he had asked that were D linemen agreed. He even asked Laroy Glover and Glover tweeted that he knew of guys acting hurt because they didn't want to go up against LA!! What a beast!