1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

larry allen

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by lane, Dec 5, 2005.

1. lane

lane The Chairman

11,021 Messages
    883 Likes Received
    anyone for moving larry to lt for the remainder of the season and letting peterman go at guard?

anyone?
  2. Dawgs0916

Dawgs0916 Will the Thrill

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    I have a feeling hed be too slow for that....
  3. MarionBarberThe4th

MarionBarberThe4th Well-Known Member

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    UID have to see anythign from PEterman to warrant trading our only good linemen

LEt Peterman get on the active roster first as well before he takes over for a hall of famer

Also, LArry Allen is worth more than his value right now. Meaning hes doing more for us than what a 3rd round pick would get us
  4. Dawgs0916

Dawgs0916 Will the Thrill

2,194 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    He said move him to LT, not trade him.....
  5. MarionBarberThe4th

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    Id have to see anything from Peterman to warrant trading our only good linemen

Let Peterman get on the active roster first as well before he takes over for a hall of famer

Also, Lrry Allen is worth more than his value right now. Meaning hes doing more for us than what a 3rd round pick would get us
  6. MarionBarberThe4th

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    My bad, I saw 'move larry' and I guess I skipped the next word

The first 2 sentences still apply
  7. sago1

sago1 Active Member

7,789 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    LA no longer has the athleticism he had as a young pup back in 98/99 when he played LT well enough to make pro bowl while protecting Troy's backside. Too bad. LA is a pretty good OG but not great any more and clearly at end of his career, but he's the best OL player we got now. Frankly, I'd have no problem drafting Max Jean Gilles (described as OG with great ahtleticism who could play RT in NFL) in first round & starting him at LG & moving LA to RG for what might be his last season with us in 2006 with Riveria becoming a backup (if his play doesn't improve next season and we can't cut him cause of cap hit. GBN reporting 2006 not good year for OG; states except for Gilles & 1 other guy no other OG probably taken first day unless lot of juniors elect to come out then we could get a good OG in 2nd round. On other hand we don't know how well Adams will come back & how soon. Don't remember if he had knee or ankle injury and if former he might not be fully ready to go until late Aug/Sept -- can we risk that??
  8. Hoov

Hoov Senior Member

5,278 Messages
    577 Likes Received
    An athletic guard ? one that could pull for running plays and not end up blocking the defender in the back as they tackle our running back. That would be great
  9. AbeBeta

AbeBeta Well-Known Member

25,600 Messages
    1,017 Likes Received
    Oh God. This again.
  10. Dayton Cowboy

Dayton Cowboy Active Member

1,847 Messages
    0 Likes Received
    I wonder if Parcells and Sparano get Columbo or Price closer to playing against the Chiefs... I think we'd be okay if we had only one tackle position to worry about, but having both the LT and RT getting help is just giving us problems.. There are far too many max protect sets we have to run in order to try and help Tucker and Pettiti.. Witten is not being utilized to his strengths because of it...
  11. MarionBarberThe4th

11,959 Messages
    132 Likes Received
    I dont hate that

........Throwing this out there......Rivera at center next year? Cut Andre, relagate Al to back up.

and draft one of the top 3 or 4 tackles, bc this class is loaded, we could get a stud in round 2 if we play our cards right
  12. Zman5

Zman5 Well-Known Member

5,915 Messages
    1,590 Likes Received
    What's makes you think Rivera will any better than Johnson? Rivera gets pushed around as much if not more than Johnson playing guard.
  13. ddh33

ddh33 Active Member

4,934 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    I would like to get a look at Peterman one of these days. I'm also all for playing the best lineman. If Peterman isn't, then he shouldn't be out there...especially now.
  14. Rack Bauer

Rack Bauer Federal Agent

22,583 Messages
    527 Likes Received

LT? Nah. I'd move him to RT though. Tucker is doing a better job then Petitti at this point.
  15. Sarge

Sarge Happy Holidays Staff Member

21,081 Messages
    1,936 Likes Received
    LA would get swallowed up at LT. He's as mobile as a rock. His career at G winding down as well.
  16. Big Country

Big Country Rolling Thunder

3,716 Messages
    4 Likes Received
    BP is going to be hard pressed to play anyone other than HIS vets while we are scratching to get back up the playoff ladder. Only if the season was completely lost do I see BP considering getting young players quality regular season playing time.
  17. Yeagermeister

Yeagermeister Active Member

47,576 Messages
    9 Likes Received
    Do you really want to see Tony Romo play that much? Bledsoe wouldn't last a quarter with LA at LT.
  18. Vertigo_17

Vertigo_17 Well-Known Member

2,260 Messages
    37 Likes Received
    :hammer:
  19. wileedog

wileedog Well-Known Member

10,142 Messages
    830 Likes Received
    I think the Flozell/Larry Era on the left side has just about run its course.
  20. JIGGYFLY

JIGGYFLY Active Member

1,367 Messages
    1 Likes Received
    I think Larry would do a better job than Petitti at this point but do want to put that much inexsperience on the left side?
    I think Peterman must not be ready if he is not at least rotating with one of the guards on the line.