1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Last Time Cowboys 3-1 after 2-1 start was 2003

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Beast_from_East, Sep 28, 2013.

1. Beast_from_East

Beast_from_East Well-Known Member

14,421 Messages
    2,141 Likes Received
    Just watched Talking Cowboys on podcast and Mickey said that the last time Dallas was 3-1 after starting 2-1 was in 2003. Said that the Boyz have lost like the last 7 games when they were 2-1. Quincy Carter was the starting QB..................LOL

This game could be a turning point for this franchise or it could just be more of the same .500 ball we have grown used to over the years. We shall see come Sunday.
    ohiocowboysfan25 likes this.
  2. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,192 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    I haven't been this excited for a particular game in years. I think I will be more excited for next week if we win this one.
    Carharris2 likes this.
  3. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    If the Cowboys can play like they did against the Rams and have a blowout and dominant defense effort , we will have something to be excited about indeed.
    Boyzmamacita likes this.
  4. bark

bark Well-Known Member

2,103 Messages
    842 Likes Received
    Yeah I've seen this stat. Hey, if Quincy can pull it off.....
    To be fair, there have been some 3-1 and 4-0 starts. We just didn't get there by starting 2-1. We started 2007 5-0 and 2008 3-0.
    Should be a good test this Sunday . A chance to separate in the east.
  5. tico

tico Active Member

536 Messages
    67 Likes Received
    I Believe! 3-1 would shut alot of critics at ESPN the hell up... (S.a.S.) & not to forget Deion, and Marsha Faulk
    Carharris2 likes this.
  6. fortdick

fortdick Well-Known Member

5,412 Messages
    35 Likes Received
    Correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you can get to 3-1 except from 2-1.
  7. newera

newera Member

533 Messages
    2 Likes Received
    Well technically if you start 3-0 and lose a game you would then be 3-1
    CowboyMike and fortdick like this.
  8. ghst187

ghst187 Well-Known Member

5,465 Messages
    110 Likes Received
    if we win and the Skins lose this weekend, we'll get a chance to bury the skins for the season in two weeks
    tico and Lonestar94 like this.
  9. Lonestar94

Lonestar94 Well-Known Member

3,192 Messages
    493 Likes Received
    They're already buried! Have you seen that defense?!
  10. Eddie

Eddie Well-Known Member

8,666 Messages
    324 Likes Received
    I wouldn't rely too much on the Rams game as a measuring point ... look what the 49ers did to the Rams. The 49ers are terrible this year.
  11. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,157 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, we've never been able to replace Quincy Carter.
    physeter likes this.
  12. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,894 Messages
    7,319 Likes Received
    They've given up more yards in the first three games of a season than....wait for it.....any team in the history of the league.
  13. Risen Star

Risen Star Likes Collector Zone Supporter

20,894 Messages
    7,319 Likes Received
    You scoff, but I was a ridiculous hater for not believing in Quincy at that time.

How do you know? Oh, so you know more than the coaches?
  14. nake

nake Well-Known Member Zone Supporter

4,157 Messages
    822 Likes Received
    You probably didn't rave about Ryan Leaf either. No wonder so many people give you such a hard time.
  15. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

10,747 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    The Cowboys went 10-6 and made the playoffs in 03 and 10-6 will easily win the division this season.
  16. KJJ

10,747 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    A real turning point for the franchise would be to beat San Diego on the road tomorrow and knockoff Denver next week.
    PA Cowboy Fan and Lonestar94 like this.
  17. mmohican29

mmohican29 Well-Known Member

2,361 Messages
    272 Likes Received
    no they aren't. they lost to a Super Bowl favorite, and a rising team coming off a double digit win season. Are they looking like the dominant team of the past two seasons? No, but...

When all is said and done, the Niners (as much as I loathe that team) will have 11 wins MINIMUM.
  18. TrailBlazer

TrailBlazer Well-Known Member

1,626 Messages
    603 Likes Received
    Lol I wasn't aware of that. That makes my day.
  19. KJJ

10,747 Messages
    839 Likes Received
    One of the troubling patterns the Cowboys have developed the past couple of years is rarely do they play well the week following an impressive win. In 2011 the Cowboys destroyed the Rams by 27 points and as usual that got some talking SB immediately after the game. It was deja vu all over again this week after burying the Lambs. After beating them down in 2011 the Cowboys got pasted by 27 points themselves the following week vs Philly. After pummeling Buffalo by 37 points 2 weeks later the Cowboys barely escaped in OT the following week vs a Rex Grossman led Redskin team.

After the big win on opening day vs the Giants on the road in 2012 the Cowboys were steamrolled by Seattle the following week. After the impressive win last Sunday vs then Rams it makes you wonder what Cowboys team will show up tomorrow. The Cowboys usually have no problems rebounding from an ugly loss it motivates them but an impressive win seems to do the opposite. When the Cowboys start feeling good about themselves and begin to get a swagger that's when they run into big trouble.
    PA Cowboy Fan likes this.
  20. dallasdave

dallasdave Well-Known Member

2,658 Messages
    327 Likes Received
    Lets do it = 3 and 1 tomm.