1. Welcome to CowboysZone!  Join us!  Come on!  You know you want to!

Last time we played the Browns...

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by Neverhood, Nov 14, 2012.

1. Neverhood

Neverhood Active Member

223 Messages
    97 Likes Received
  2. cowboyschmps3

cowboyschmps3 Well-Known Member

2,700 Messages
    178 Likes Received
  3. sureletsrace

sureletsrace Official CZ Homer

2,053 Messages
    437 Likes Received
    Boy, Barber sure fell off a cliff.
  4. cowboyskid29

cowboyskid29 Member

223 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    It hurts watching highlights from previous those days. The offensive line was SO much better.
  5. Hoofbite

Hoofbite Well-Known Member

32,531 Messages
    2,217 Likes Received
    Probably because he doubled in size.

Look at how small he is in that footage.
  6. This is Our Year

This is Our Year Ohama, Kill, 52 is the Mike

1,396 Messages
    8 Likes Received
    :lmao: PacMan's first game as a Cowboy, ugh
  7. 187beatdown

187beatdown Lack of Big Plays

3,896 Messages
    581 Likes Received
    Didn't we start that year out 4-0? What a depressing season. I thought we looked poised to repeat 2007 regular season success all over again.
  8. rocyaice

rocyaice Well-Known Member

6,858 Messages
    1,003 Likes Received
    That almost brings a tear to my face seeing how much time Romo had and how great our running game was. Man..........And the sad thing is, our personnel is better now than it was then. Well at the skill positions anyway.

That was just 2008. Marion Barber, Derek Anderson, Braylon Edwards, Terrell Owens......wow how the mighty have fallen at that time. Browns were looking to be on the UP. Same goes for the Cowboys at that time. Derek Anderson was looking like a legit qb in this league too.
  9. KJJ

KJJ You Have an Axe to Grind

11,215 Messages
    1,004 Likes Received
    We started off 3-0 then proceeded to go 2-4 the next 6 games. That was an up and down season that ended on a very sour note in Philly.
  10. skinsscalper

skinsscalper Well-Known Member

5,545 Messages
    529 Likes Received
    IIRC, Felix scored on his first touch in the NFL in that game also. I could be wrong (wouldn't be the first time).
  11. juck

juck Well-Known Member

9,125 Messages
    80 Likes Received
    I miss T. O. the player.
  12. Joshmil53

Joshmil53 Well-Known Member

2,564 Messages
    26 Likes Received
    As do I.
  13. Doomsday

Doomsday Rising Star

10,372 Messages
    228 Likes Received
    Romo actually had a pocket to throw from on some of those. Havent seen that in a long time.
  14. chip_gilkey

chip_gilkey Active Member

2,559 Messages
    23 Likes Received
    And probably won't for some time to come unless the FO takes the o-line seriously this coming off season.
  15. Doomsay

Doomsay Well-Known Member

5,969 Messages
    946 Likes Received
    Good point. It's amazing how the O line has deteriorated in just a few years.
  16. mldardy

mldardy Well-Known Member

6,983 Messages
    919 Likes Received
    That team had a serious case of entitlement. Like they were so good that they could just show up and win. Then they lost that game to the Redskins at home and then won a lackluster game against Cincy at home. Then lose the game at Arizona and lose Romo to the hand injury, insert Brad Johnson for a few games:)banghead: ) and the season was suddenly lost. We still had a chance but had the embarrassing Texas Stadium finale against Baltimore followed by 44-6. Just a disappointing season that started off so good.
  17. Hook'em#11

Hook'em#11 Well-Known Member

2,713 Messages
    237 Likes Received
    Wow..

I certainly miss O-line play like the most out of all of it.
  18. JohnsKey19

JohnsKey19 Well-Known Member

6,496 Messages
    452 Likes Received
    2 things...

1.The difference in OL talent compared to what we've seen the last 2-3 years. Look at pocket the interior OL was able to create in those highlights!!

2.Witten is actually running 12-15 yd patterns and not the 3-7 yd stuff we've been seeing lately.
  19. Idgit

Idgit Ice up, son. Ice up! Staff Member

31,121 Messages
    6,928 Likes Received
    I agree that we need to continue to improve the OL, and last week was not a good week for our OTs, in particular, but check out hairic's splits on the passing plays when you get a chance. It's pretty interesting to see all the passing plays cut together in one roll like this.

hairic does this every week, by the way. It's a ton of work, and it's a really great bonus for CZ that I don't think quite gets enough kudos yet. Really great stuff.
  20. DandyDon1722

DandyDon1722 It's been a good 'un, ain't it?

2,347 Messages
    913 Likes Received
    Man it is STUNNING how much we have shrunk our offense compared to the way we went downfield in that game.